If you locate a suspicious package or object:
- Remain calm.
- Do not touch or move the object.
- Do not active the fire alarm system.
- Contact the Harvard University Police Department at (617) 432-1212
- Evacuate only the immediate area.
- Isolate the area and do not allow anyone to enter until HUPD has said that the area is safe.
- Notify a supervisor.
- Request other witnesses to remain nearby to speak with HUPD responders.
- Remain available to assist responders.
If you are holding a suspicious package or object:
- Evacuate others from the immediate area.
- Gently set the item down on a solid surface on the floor. If there is powder or liquid, try to set the package or object down in container like a trash can or bucket.
- Cover the item with an article of clothing.
- Leave the immediate area.
Tips for identifying a suspicious package: