We believe that good health matters to everyone—including your clients—and gifts to HMS benefit the entire human race.
We welcome the opportunity to assist you as you work with your clients to address their philanthropic goals.
Harvard’s tax ID
"I give (________ dollars or ________ percent or all of the residue of my estate) to the President and Fellows of Harvard College, a Massachusetts educational, charitable corporation, for the benefit of Harvard Medical School (optional to benefit education or research or another priority area)."
- Please contact the Harvard Management Company at 866-845-6596 or email@example.com.
- To ensure proper processing of your client's gift, please notify Harvard of the stock transfer by completing this online form.
- All mutual fund transfers must be coordinated with Harvard Management Company. For HMC to determine the appropriate instructions, please call 866-845-6596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the name of the mutual fund, the number of shares, date of acquisition, and where the fund shares are currently held.
Include check made payable to Harvard Medical School, along with a note that includes the donor's full name, address, and phone number and mail to:
Harvard Medical School
Alumni Affairs and Development
P.O. Box 419720
Boston, MA 02241-9720
IRA transfer instructions
- Transfer the selected dollar amount (up to $100,000 per year) directly to HMS using this letter: [PDF] Download the IRA Rollover Letter of Instruction provided by HMS here »
IRS discount rate
- The higher the IRS discount rate, the higher the deduction for charitable remainder trusts and gift annuities
- IRS discount rate is published monthly on or about the 20th of the month
- Use the discount rate for the month in which the gift is made or for either of the prior two months
- Also known as the IRC, Section 7520 or Applicable Federal Rate. It is the annual rate of return that the IRS assumes the gift assets will earn during the gift term