Your support helps us sustain our tradition of excellence in medical education, groundbreaking research, and serving humanity.
Outright gifts can include cash, securities (stocks, bonds, and mutual funds), real estate, tangible personal property, and/or retirement plan assets.
- Qualify for a charitable income tax equal to the market value of the security you have owned for at least one year
- Carry forward any unused charitable deduction for up to five additional years
- Reduce capital gains tax
How to Fund
- Appreciated Securities
- Mutual Fund Shares
- To make a gift of securities, please contact the Harvard Management Company at 866-845-6596 or email@example.com.
- To ensure proper processing of your gift, please notify Harvard of the stock transfer by completing this online form.
- All mutual fund transfers must be coordinated with Harvard Management Company. For HMC to determine the appropriate instructions, please call 866-845-6596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the name of the mutual fund, the number of shares, date of acquisition, and where the fund shares are currently held.
- For more information, contact our gift planning team at 800-922-1782 or email email@example.com.
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution and avoid counting the distribution as taxable income
How to Fund
Download the IRA Rollover Letter of Instruction and request that your IRA administrator issues a check for your selected dollar amount directly to HMS.
Contact the Harvard Management Company at 866-845-6596 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure proper processing of your gift, please notify Harvard of the transfer by completing this online form.
- WIRE TRANSFERS
Direct transfer to the following account:
Bank of America, 100 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110
President and Fellows of Harvard College, ADS account
Account #: 9429263621
Ach ABA: 011000138
Wire ABA: 026009593
Swift Code: BOFAUS3N
- Once the wire transfer arrangements have been made, please provide the following information to email@example.com:
Name/location of bank sending the transfer Amount of gift / Date of transfer
Name of the HMS fund, program, or research area the gift is supporting
- Eligible for an immediate income tax deduction the year the DAF is established
- Simplified recordkeeping with one tax receipt
If your provider is not listed, contact them directly with a request to make a gift to HMS on your behalf. Make a check payable to Harvard Medical School, including a note with your full name, address, and phone number and mail to:
Harvard Medical School
Alumni Affairs and Development
P.O. Box 419720
Boston, MA 02241-9720
- Use real estate or personal property, such as artwork, to fund a gift
- Reduce income, capital gains, and potential estate taxes
How to Fund
- Real Estate
- Personal Property
Acceptance of these assets are subject to Harvard gift acceptance policies or, at a minimum, subject to a due diligence process.
James Hartsuck, MD '62
"My wife and I have contributed to our endowed scholarship fund using the charitable IRA rollover. Our fund allows my entire family to support today's most promising students who will become tomorrow's leaders in science and medicine."