Applying to the HMS Foundation Funds
Applications for the HMS Foundation Funds must be submitted through the Harvard University Funding Portal
Listed below are the basic materials required for application.
Note: there may be more specific requirements detailed on the application site for individual awards. Application materials must be uploaded as a single PDF.
- Summary of the proposed research(Limit 2 pages including images. A third page may be used for references).
- Statement of resources/facilities available for the project as is standard for NIH grants. (limit 1 page)
- Nominating letter signed by your department or division head AND co-signed by your research sponsor/mentor. If your department/division head is your research mentor, then only one signature is required. (Limit 2 pages)
- For Postdocs and Instructors still in training: Include a separate letter of support from your research mentor. (Limit 2 pages)
- NIH Biosketch, including publications and listing current, past and pending sources of funding. (limit 5 pages)
Additional letters or materials will not be reviewed.
The HMS Foundation Funds Committee advises department heads, mentors, and candidates to be particularly aware of the Committee’s selection criteria when making nominations:
- Research proposal--clarity and feasibility
- Relevance to award/area of research
- Career trajectory
- Letter of support
- Current funding
- Font size must be 11 points or larger.
- Type may be no more than six lines per inch.
- Margins must be a minimum of 0.5 inches.
- Color and black & white images are allowed, howeverany copies will be printed in black & white.
- Applicants must adhere to the above requirements in order for the application to be reviewed by the selection committee.
If problems occur while uploading please contact: email@example.com or 617-432-7463.