HMS Installs 22nd Dean
The HMS community celebrates the installation of the School’s 22nd dean, George Q. Daley. Please read the related story.
Images: Gretchen Ertl
- Barbara McNeil, who served as acting dean for six months, kicks off the installation of George Q. Daley as dean of HMS by introducing Harvard President Drew Faust, praising Faust as an inspirational leader.
- Harvard University President Drew Faust introduces George Q. Daley as a stellar researcher, admired teacher and eloquent advocate of biomedical science “who understands deep in his bones that medicine is not just about science and policy but about people.”
- Alan Garber (right), provost of Harvard University, applauds George Q. Daley as he is introduced as the 22nd Dean of Harvard Medical School.
- Dean George Q. Daley said that he was “thrilled to see so many very close friends and colleagues” in attendance to celebrate the beginning of his tenure as dean of HMS. Daley’s family, lab members, friends and HMS faculty, staff and students came to the welcoming event.
- George Q. Daley, dean of HMS, said, “I accepted this role because I am fiercely committed to our collective mission … and as a call to service.”
- Mingling with the crowd, Dean George Q. Daley shares what University President Drew Faust called his contagious energy and optimism.