- HMS Community Values
- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- Clinical Scholars Research Training - United Kingdom
- Continuing Education
- Live CME Courses
- Online CME Courses
- Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS)
- For Activity Planners
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- The Academy
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- Department of Medicine
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to Postgraduate American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Big Data In Healthcare
- Global Pediatrics Leadership Program
- Institutional Planning and Policy
- Master of Medical Sciences In Clinical Investigation
- Office of Global Education
- Portugal Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- Safety Quality Informatics and Leadership
- South American Clinical Research Training Program | SACRT
- Southeast Asia Healthcare Leadership Program
- Training to Teacher
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Global Education
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
- Contact us
Within Your First Month
Timeline Checklist: Within Your First Month
Attend Harvard University Orientation and the Harvard Longwood Campus Orientation and Networking Event
- Harvard University Orientation
- the Harvard University orientation occurs most Mondays from 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in Cambridge
- covers your benefits and other topics common to all Harvard University Employees
- if you are located in the Longwood Medical Area and already have your Harvard ID, the M2 shuttle is the most convenient way to get there. Click here for schedule.
Note: You must have your permanent Harvard ID to board the M2. If you do not yet have your Harvard ID on the day of your orientation, M2 vouchers are available through your HR Coordinator.
- Details including a map can be found here.
- HLC Orientation and Networking Event
- the HLC Orientation and Networking Event occurs from 9:30a.m. to 12:00p.m.
- check-in begins at 9:15a.m.
- introduction to HLC resources, training and development opportunities and networking possibilities
- register in PeopleSoft. Self service>learning and development>request training enrollment>category HLC>course number PRO050, next available session
Sign up for your benefits
An enrollment guide will be mailed to your home address shortly after you are hired. If you do not receive this packet within a week of your first day at work, call the Benefits Services Group at 617-496-4001. You have 30 days from your date of hire to make your benefits choices. You can enroll for your benefits using PeopleSoft, by following these instructions (Harvard ID and PIN required for access).
Determine Your Learning Goals
You and your manager should be discussing what you will need to learn in order to do your job effectively. This can include getting to know people in your department or throughout HMS, the University, and beyond, as well as familiarizing yourself with programs, policies and procedures, and software applications. Resources for training include:
- Harvard's Center for Workplace Development, the main training arm for employees throughout Harvard.
- HMS' Information Technology Department also has its own training programs. Click here for details.
Find out what systems you may need access to
In some roles you may need access to more systems than you gain just by having an eCommons ID and a Harvard PIN. Your manager should be able to help you to identify these and to help you gain access to them.
Explore Harvard's Intranets
Harvard is a famously decentralized organization. Not only is there an intranet for Harvard University as a whole, but most schools have their own school-specific intranet to serve their employees.
- HARVie is Harvard's Intranet for Employees. It is extremely comprehensive and is well worth exploring. The page for new employees may be especially helpful to you. Requires your Harvard ID # and PIN.
- eCommons is your portal to a variety of information at HMS. Click here for a quick reference guide.
The Office of Human Resources is redesigning our website! We welcome your thoughts. Please click here to submit your feedback.
Observations, work by Yu-Wen Wu, opens Thursday, February 2, 2017 and runs through March 30, 2017.
Please join us for a conversation with the artist on Thursday, February 16th from Noon-1:00p in Goldenson 122. A reception will follow in the Transit Gallery.
Transit Gallery events are sponsored by the HMS Office of Human Resources. Contact Tania Rodriguez with any questions (email@example.com).