Employee's Getting Started Checklist
Welcome to Harvard Medical School, and congratulations on your new position! This website is designed to make your transition to Harvard Medical School as smooth as possible. There is a wealth of information and resources on this page, so take your time in familiarizing yourself with it. If you have questions that are not answered here, call the main number for Human Resources at 617-432-2035, or send an email to email@example.com .
- Complete your HireRight pre-employment screening
- Complete your new hire paperwork
- Plan your commute
- Learn about the area
- Get ready for New Employee Orientation
- Talk with your manager about your first week
- Find out when you should receive your first paycheck
- Sign up for your Harvard ID card
- Setup your eCommons account
- Set up your computer with your email account
- Get your Harvard PIN #
- Sign up for your T pass
- Register for Harvard's MessageMe Emergency Notification System
- Learn how to use PeopleSoft for reporting your time and absences
- Sign up for parking
- Meet with your manager.
- Attend Harvard University and Harvard Medical School New Employee Orientations
- Sign up for your benefits
- Determine your training needs
- Find out what systems you may need access to
- Explore Harvard's Intranets
- Talk to your supervisor about how you are doing
The Office of Human Resources is redesigning our website! We welcome your thoughts. Please click here to submit your feedback.
Observations, work by Yu-Wen Wu, opens Thursday, February 2, 2017 and runs through March 30, 2017.
Please join us for a conversation with the artist on Thursday, February 16th from Noon-1:00p in Goldenson 122. A reception will follow in the Transit Gallery.
Transit Gallery events are sponsored by the HMS Office of Human Resources. Contact Tania Rodriguez with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).