- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- HMS NEXT
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Office of Global Education
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Safety Quality and Informatics Leadership
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
10.12 Transportation Services
HMS Transportation Guide
HMS Parking Office
The Parking Office, located at 180 Longwood Avenue, maintains and operates parking facilities for faculty, staff, students, and visitors to the Harvard Longwood Campus. These resources are extremely limited and are managed through a permitting system that is designed to optimize their use in a safe, efficient, and equitable manner. For more information please visit http://hms.harvard.edu/departments/campus-planning-and-facilities/campus-operations/commuter-services-and-parking.
Parking for Students
Parking spaces for students at Harvard Medical School are limited. Because more students sign up for parking than slots are available, a committee composed of the Executive Board of the HMS/HSDM Student Council has determined a fair process for allocating these slots:
- Priority is given to third, fourth, and fifth-year medical and dental students because of seniority and their need to travel to and from the Harvard Longwood Campus for clinical rotations.
- Further priority is then given to third and fourth-year students who live in Vanderbilt Hall, because students who live in off-campus apartments have at least some chance of parking at their place of residence.
- Students who have been allocated a parking slot for a given academic year will have the option to renew that slot for the following academic year and annually thereafter until the time of graduation.
- Slots that are not renewed or that open when a student graduates will be allotted to students meeting the above criteria who are on the waiting list for a parking space.
The Parking Office maintains the waiting list. The Parking Office can be reached at 617-432-1111. Students will be charged the full monthly rate for parking. Students who do not receive a slot at the Harvard Longwood Campus but require a space to house a car may apply for a slot at the Soldiers Field Park Parking Garage in Allston, on the campus of the Harvard Business School. This Garage is within walking distance of the Longwood Area Shuttle Bus stop at Harvard Square. Contact the Harvard University Parking Office at 617-496-7827.
LMA Harvard Medical School Shuttle (M2)
MASCO manages the Harvard Medical School shuttle, which runs between the Longwood Medical Area (LMA) and Harvard University in Cambridge. This service is free to all students, faculty, and staff; you must show your Harvard ID card to access this service. For others, tickets for the Harvard M2 shuttle can be bought at the HMS Parking Office or at the cashier’s office at Holyoke Center in Cambridge. The M2 schedule is available at the parking office, the Information Office at Holyoke Center Arcade, and the security desk at Vanderbilt Hall. Please go to http://www.masco.org/directions/shuttle-information for more information.
Zipcar and Hubway: Harvard Medical School has two Zipcars located in the Palace Parking lot between 180 and 164 Longwood Avenue. Harvard students may join for $15 by registering at http://www.zipcar.com/crimson/. The Transportation page of the Harvard Sustainability site contains information about ride and bike sharing resources and discounts available to Harvard affiliates. Hubway provides a 40% discount and there are several bike docks in the Longwood area: https://www.thehubway.com/stations.
To create and nurture a diverse community
of the best people committed to leadership in alleviating human suffering caused by disease