Currently, the HMS microfluidics core does not hold a regular training series. However, any training held it is always announced on here. If you are interested in any of our specific training please contact Calixto Saenz (email@example.com)
UPCOMING EVENTS AND TRAINING
- MICROFLUIDICS SAFETY ORIENTATION: Monday October 17th, 2016. From 4:30pm-6:00pm.
This is a 1 hour and 30 minute session that focuses on introducing the policies, hazards and safety requirements in the laboratory to the new users. It also covers the locations of the safety equipment.
- EQUIPMENT AND MICROFABRICATION TRAINING: Tuesday Ocotber 11th, 2016. From 12pm-1pm.
This is a 1 hour session that focuses on explain the use and manipulation of each equipment needed in the fabrication process, including: Mixer, Mask Aligners, Headway Spinner, Plasma Etcher, etc.
- PHOTOLITHOGRAPHY DEMO: Monday October 3rd, 2016. From 1:00pm-2:30pm.
This is a 1 hour and 30 mins hand-ons training that emphasizes in transferring the features and patterns on a mask to the surface of a silicon wafer. The steps involve wafer cleaning, barrier layer formation, photoresist coating, soft-baking, mask alignment, exposure, development and hard-baking.
- PDMS CASTING TRAINING: Thursday Oct 6th, 2016. From 10:00am-11:00am
This is a 2 part hand-ons training that emphasizes in the softlithography process of the PDMS, which involves the replication of the topographically defined structure (photoresist master) in a soft elastomer (PDMS), for posterior bonding process to glass.
- LAURELL SPINNER TRAINING: Wednesday Oct 5th, 2016. From 1:00pm-1:30pm
- PROFILOMETER TRAINING: Wednesday October 5th, 2016. From 4pm-4:30pm.
- SURFACE TREATMENT/SILANIZATION TRAINING: Thursday Oct 6th, 2016. From 9:30am-10:00am.