Harvard offers a comprehensive package of benefits to help staff, faculty, and post docs meet individual and family needs. In addition to a wide range of options for core insurance benefits, Harvard paid employees may take advantage of flexible savings accounts and several retirement plan options, along with many other benefits and services - from tuition assistance to entertainment and retail discounts.
Visit the home for Harvard benefit information on HARVie at this link. Additionally, below is a summary of some of the benefits offered. Click on each benefit for further details.
- Health Insurance Benefits that encompass a wide range of health, vision and dental insurance options for employees and their dependents, spouses and qualified domestic partners, as well as programs to help you save money on such items as prescriptions and copayments.
- Disability and Life Insurance to help you take care of yourself and provide for your family in the case of loss of income. Some coverage is provided automatically and at no cost to you while others are optional and costs are based on the coverage you choose.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s) that enable you to set aside money from your paycheck to reimburse yourself for certain expenses. Harvard offers both a medical/dental FSA and a dependent care FSA. The dollars you choose to set aside in FSA’s are taken out of your pay before taxes, so choosing this benefit may help reduce your income tax.
- Health and Wellness Benefits that include a collection of wellness resources; access to University’s Center for Wellness and athletics facilities for health education, exercise facilities and wellness classes; emotional health support; and financial assistance for health club memberships.
- Additionally, Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine have a partnership with BodyScapes located in the NRB, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur. HMS & HSDM paid faculty, staff and postdocs receive a discounted rate. Your membership allows you to workout in any location including Brookline!
- Outings and Innings is a one stop convenient source of discounts on movies, museums, theaters, musical and dance venues, professional sports and amusement parks, and many other products and services.
- Tuition & Education Assistance is aimed at fostering an environment of learning and development, by providing both academic and financial resources to make it easier for you to follow your dreams.
- Retirement Benefits that include a University-funded retirement program, voluntary employee-funded tax-deferred accounts, a deferred compensation program for high earners, and for eligible retirees, continuing medical and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Harvard's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers immediate, free, confidential help for all Harvard employees and their household members. You can reach the EAP at 877-EAP-HARV (877-327-4278) any day, at any time for personal or work-related concerns about yourself, family, friends or coworkers. Information on EAPs that service Harvard’s affiliated hospitals can be found here.
The Office of Human Resources is redesigning our website! We welcome your thoughts. Please click here to submit your feedback.
Observations, work by Yu-Wen Wu, opens Thursday, February 2, 2017 and runs through March 30, 2017.
Please join us for a conversation with the artist on Thursday, February 16th from Noon-1:00p in Goldenson 122. A reception will follow in the Transit Gallery.
Transit Gallery events are sponsored by the HMS Office of Human Resources. Contact Tania Rodriguez with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).