Database administration and support for enterprise-level, as well as smaller-scale database systems
Key Features and Benefits
- Support for database systems, including Oracle, SQLServer, and FileMaker Server
- Support for hardware platforms, including Linux (RHEL), and Windows Server
- Database hardware specification and capacity planning
- Database installation and configuration
- Ongoing database software maintenance, patching, and upgrades
- Database monitoring (both process and infrastructure)
- Database troubleshooting, including SQL query analyses and tuning
- Database performance tuning, vulnerability scanning, encryption, backup, and recovery
All HMS faculty, staff, and departments
Requirements and Limitations
- Comply with Service Use Policies
- Adhere to HMS Information Technology Policies and the Harvard Enterprise Information Security Policy (HEISP)
- Pay for client software licenses and applicable vendor support contract costs
- Approve timely implementation of all vendor-supplied security and compliance-related upgrades and patches
- Perform system and application “health checks” in the event of planned and unplanned outages
- Follow a release/change management framework for implementing changes to servers, databases, and applications
- Provide and maintain currency of accurate primary and secondary contact information
- Subscribe to email notification (listserv) for network-related announcements.
Full support is available for Oracle, SQLServer, and FileMaker Server. Other database products may be supported on a best-effort basis.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the HMS IT Service Desk at email@example.com.