HMS Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows HMS/HSDM quad-based faculty, staff and students to access HMS network resources securely over the Internet from a remote location. To request VPN access, please complete the VPN request form.
Two-step verification using DUO is now required for VPN. Two-step verification uses a pre-registered device, such as your smartphone, to confirm your identity when you log in to the HMS VPN. That way, even if your password is stolen, cyber criminals can't get into your account without having the second device as well.
Setting up DUO for HMS VPN
- Go to https://secure.med.harvard.edu/hms-duo
- Log in with your eCommons credentials
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add an HMS DUO profile (If you use the DUO App for Harvard Key, HMS will then appear as a separate entry, as shown below)
You can also download DUO setup instructions.
Junos Pulse Installers
Once you open the application, add a new connection to secure.med.harvard.edu.
Junos Pulse for Macintosh OS X (This version requires Mac OS 10.8 or higher)
Connect Using Junos Pulse
- Open the Junos Pulse application.
- Log in with your eCommons username and password
- You'll be presented with a request for a secondary password:
In order to complete the login, type one of the following in the secondary password field:
- The 6-digit code from your DUO smart phone application (press the key in the DUO app on your phone to generate a code)
- Type the word “push” to send a push notification to your DUO smart phone app
- Type the word “phone” to have DUO call the registered landline
- Type the word “sms” to get a passcode texted to your registered cell phone; you will need to then enter the passcode in the secondary password field
- Additionally, you can use “push2”, “phone2”, etc. in order to use your secondary devices
Connecting to VPN Using the HMS Portal (secure.med.harvard.edu)
Connect to the HMS VPN at https://secure.med.harvard.edu.
- On a Windows computer - Firefox or Internet Explorer
- On a Macintosh use Safari. Make sure the menu item Safari > Block Pop-Up Windows is unchecked.
- Log in using your eCommons username and password