- HMS Community Values
- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- Clinical Scholars Research Training - United Kingdom
- Continuing Education
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- The Academy
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- Department of Medicine
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to Postgraduate American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Big Data In Healthcare
- Global Pediatrics Leadership Program
- Institutional Planning and Policy
- Master of Medical Sciences In Clinical Investigation
- Office of Global Education
- Portugal Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- Safety Quality Informatics and Leadership
- South American Clinical Research Training Program | SACRT
- Southeast Asia Healthcare Leadership Program
- Training to Teachers
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Global Education
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
- Contact us
Frequently Asked Questions
What email address should I use to setup Dropbox for Business at HMS?
Participation in this HMS Dropbox service requires that you use your Primary HMS email address. You can still use your non-Harvard email address for your personal Dropbox and then link to your HMS account for syncing to all your devices. More info is here: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/4235
Is Dropbox for Business at HMS good enough for me to store and share my important research data?
This environment is suitable for your “real” HMS data.
How secure is Dropbox for Business at HMS, and how compliant is it with Harvard Data Security recommendations?
Dropbox is approved for use with up to Harvard Data Security Level 3 data only. (Level 4 will be announced in Phase 2)
Are there any plans to increase the Data Security Level of Dropbox for Business at HMS?
Yes, there are plans to increase to Level 4 in Phase 2 of the rollout.
I already have a personal Dropbox account. How do I deal with that?
We suggest keeping your personal and HMS accounts separate.
I already have a personal Dropbox account that is associated with my HMS email address. How do I deal with that?
We recommend you:
- Change the address on your existing account to a personal, or alternate email address.
- Accept the invite and create a New account with your HMS email.
Other options include:
- Connect a Personal Account to your Dropbox for Business at HMS
- Convert your existing paid account to Dropbox for Business (for a refund)
- You can also sign into both accounts
- Leave your accounts separate and connect it with a new (personal) email
I already have a Dropbox Business or a Dropbox Teams account. How do I deal with that?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you.
I have an iCloud account with Apple. What possibly could go wrong?
If you do have issues, there’s a fix!
How do I move files between my various Dropbox accounts?
Should I connect the various Dropbox accounts?
It depends on how you want to use your accounts. Consider the features of connecting your accounts or not connecting your accounts.
How do I switch between Dropbox accounts?
How can I share files with colleagues inside and outside of Harvard?
Follow the easy steps outlined here.
Can HMS see files in my Dropbox for Business account?
In the case of individually possessed data, Harvard Medical School IT follows a strict code of conduct with respect to data access. Requests for access to electronic information are governed by the Harvard University Access to Electronic Information (AEI) Policy. HMS has formed a committee to review and approve such requests in accordance with the AEI policy. More info can be found here.
What happens with my data in Dropbox for Business at HMS after I leave HMS?
Accounts cannot be unenrolled from HMS Dropbox. When you leave, you can transfer data from your HMS account to an alternate Dropbox.
Can my data in Dropbox for Business be transferred to someone else before I leave HMS?
You can request data be transferred to another Dropbox user, like your PI. Please email email@example.com for assistance.
I LOVE Dropbox for Business at HMS, how can I let you know that?
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!