Endpoint Services Software Installation
To install the HMS Endpoint Services software, please follow the instructions below.
During or after installation, an inventory of the computer will be performed. This inventory does NOT collect or transfer any personal information or data.
Using the Self Service applications, you can access HMS supported trial and licensed software as well as links to various forms and websites. The Self Service portals are constantly being updated, so check back often.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
- Go to https://jss.med.harvard.edu:8443/enroll.
- Log in with your eCommons ID & password.
- Enter your eCommons ID.
- Select your Department Name from the list.
- If your department is not listed, then do not select anything.
- Click Enroll.
- An installer package will download to the Downloads folder.
- Locate the installer in the Downloads folder, and double click to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions to install.
- Once the installer is complete, you can go back to the web page and close it.
- Installation is now complete.
You can access the Macintosh HMS Self Service application here:
Macintosh: Macintosh HD->Applications->HMS Self Service
If you have a Macintosh computer running Mac OS X 10.6.8 or earlier and would like to enroll in Casper, please contact your CSR.
If the computer leaves Harvard Medical School (ie retired, taken with you to another institution, etc) it is extremely important that LANDesk or Casper be uninstalled prior to your departure date. Failure to do so:
- Leaves the computer in a managed state that cannot be easily undone off the HMS network and
- Prevents removal of HMS licensed software, putting you at risk of violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.