Global Pediatrics Leadership Program
The Global Pediatrics Leadership Program (GPL) is an innovative one-year certificate course developed by the Harvard Medical School Office of Global Education and University College London Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (ICH) in London.
This program will bring together an elite group of pediatricians from all over the world who will work together to learn from top Harvard and UCL faculty and from each other. It is designed for physicians who wish to become leaders in pediatrics and will provide attendees with tools and insights to foster innovation at their organizations. Graduates of the program will receive a Certificate of Completion from Harvard Medical School.
The learning model is a unique combination of hybrid education (a course design that combines traditional face-to-face class time with online and out-of-class course work) with extensive team-based learning.
Who Should Apply?
Pediatricians seeking career advancement in leadership, quality improvement, research or medical education
Why You Should Attend?
This program will help develop the next generation of global leaders in pediatrics. By offering a hybrid pediatric program including workshops, interactive live webinars, and an online curriculum with one-to-one guidance, all types of learners will gain the knowledge and experience to excel as pediatric leaders. Moreover, they will work with and build networks with equally talented global colleagues throughout the course.
- Meet with HMS and UCL faculty 3 times a year at 3-4 day workshops that focus on the following themes: quality and safety, leadership, global health, simulation, and technology & medical humanities
- Interactive pre-recorded course content to provide skills in quality and safety, leadership, global health, and frontiers of pediatric clinical practice
- Additional academic track options in research or medical education
- Live webinars on controversial and cutting edge topics with expert panelists
- Faculty guidance for an individual project
Workshop 1: June 12-14, 2017
Institute of Child Health, London, England or Harvard Center Shanghai, China
Workshop 2: December 8-10, 2017
Harvard Center Shanghai, China
Workshop 3: June 13-16, 2018
Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA