Landscaping, Grounds, and Snow Removal
- Litter control
- Passage ways: Maintain campus sidewalks, paving repair, and furnishings repair/replacement (benches, rocks, etc.)
- Pest management: Provide pest control and sanitation services on campus, except for food services and kitchens.
- Snow Removal: Plow snow, shovel and salt streets, parking lots, and sidewalks.
- Tree care: Care for all the trees, in addition to tree planting and replacement.
- Turf management: Lawn mowing, weeding, turf renovations, ornamental & herbaceous planting, pruning, & removals; irrigation & fertilizing, design and plant flower gardens, landscaping and native plant restoration, horticulture and other practices.
In the midst of these duties, the crew applies environmentally sound policies to their work by engaging in acts that practice conservation, minimize waste, increase recycling and, through community outreach, demonstrate the effects and benefits of sustainability concepts.