Winter Recess Time Reporting
Question and Answer Archive
Winter Recess: What To Know Before You Go
With Winter Recess just around the corner, there are early deadlines for time entry and approval in PeopleSoft. Below are the frequently asked questions for this time of year and links to more information.
When is Harvard’s Winter Recess?
Winter Recess begins Thursday, December 24 and goes through Friday, January 1.
Normal hours of operations will resume on Monday, January 4, 2016.
Do I need to request any absences in PeopleSoft for Winter Recess if I am exempt from reporting hours weekly?
No, you do not need to request any absences or enter anything in PeopleSoft.
I report my time weekly in PeopleSoft. What do I report for Winter Recess?
All Winter Recess time should be reported as Holiday (HOL).
- You can use the Apply Schedule button for the week 12/24 - 01/2 and just change the time type from Regular to Holiday.
- You can report your time up to two weeks in advance, which now covers the recess period.
What if my job requires me to work one or more days during the Recess?
The specifics can vary by the day or days you work. Please refer to this grid for details for a day-by-day schedule of how to report time worked during the Recess. If you have questions about a specific situation, contact Chirelle Hitt (email@example.com) or your HR Consultant.
I am a time approver and will be out of the office the day that time needs to be approved. What arrangements can I make?
There are a couple of ways to do this:
- You can approve time as soon as it is in the system. Ask your staff to report their time early and then you can approve it early as well.
- Make arrangements with another approver or adjuster for your group to approve your staff’s time.
- Contact Chirelle Hitt at (2-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if no other backup is available.
When should all absences and timesheets be entered and approved in PeopleSoft for the 12/26 paychecks?
- Report time and absences by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 17.
- Approve absences by 3:30 p.m. and approve time sheets by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 18.
- Click here for the full Winter Recess Time and Absence Deadlines calendar.
Editor: Katie DuBoff
Assistant Editor: Angela Alberti
Contributors: Shannon Patterson, Chelsea Keyes, Linda Miklas, Tania Rodriguez, Susan Vomacka