- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- HMS Community Values Initiative
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Office of Global Education
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Safety Quality and Informatics Leadership
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
The Interview Day
Candidates who are invited to interview will receive an email from the Office of the Committee on Admissions regarding available interview dates as well as information about the day itself.
The interview day for the Pathways MD program at Harvard Medical School is non-traditional and allows candidates the freedom to explore both the Longwood Medical Area as well as the HMS campus. Due to the fact that many of the interviewers for Harvard Medical School are practicing doctors and physicians in the Boston area, interview times and locations are subject to change throughout the day. Interviews take place at HMS, in the Longwood Medical Area, and at other nearby hospitals and institutions in the city of Boston. Much of the day itself is open and allows candidates to explore the Harvard Medical School campus and facilities on their own. Candidates are encouraged to attend classes & lectures and speak with current HMS students in the atrium of the Tosteson Medical Education Center (TMEC).
Overview of the Interview Day
- Orientation - All candidates begin the interview day with an orientation session in Gordon Hall. During the orientation you will be given your interview schedule and an overview of the day's events. A faculty member will be present during the orientation and will speak with you about Harvard Medical School and the medical program. You will have also have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
- Lunch & Tour - Later in the interview day, there will be a lunch with current Harvard Medical School students and a campus tour led by Admissions staff members.
- Lectures - You will be provided with a list of courses & lectures occurring throughout the day. All candidates are encouraged to attend.
- Interview - All candidates will have two separate interviews with two different members of the Committee on Admissions. Locations and times for interviews will vary, so we do ask candidates to be flexible and keep in touch throughout the day.
Interviews are conducted separately for each MD program you choose to apply to. If you are invited to interview for the Health Sciences & Technology MD program there will be both a separate interview day and interview process. More information will be made available to you if you are invited for the HST program.
To create and nurture a diverse community of the best people committed to leadership in alleviating human suffering caused by disease