Communication, Compassion and Empathy
Amy Sullivan Ed.D
Beth Lown M.D.
Kristen Schaefer M.D.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2017 4:30-6:00 PM Gordon Hall: Room 212 RSVP
Wednesday, March 8th 4:30-6:00 PM TMEC 304 RSVP
Wednesday, April 12th 4:30-6:00 PM Gordon Hall: Room 212 RSVP
Wednesday, May 10th 4:30-6:00 PM Gordon Hall: Room 212 RSVP
Wednesday, June 14th 4:30-6:00 PM Gordon Hall: Room 212 RSVP
- Workshop planned for Spring 2016 on Co-Creating Learning Agreements with students, residents, and other learners. Dates to be announced. This workshop will lead faculty through an exercise to identify the values, expectations, and needs of faculty and learners in a range of settings, including classroom, small groups, clinical teaching during rounds or at bedside. The purpose is to create a set of shared values and practices to enhance faculty-learner communication and to build a culture of care and mutual respect in the training environment.
- Seminar on Communication, Compassion, and Empathy is being developed and is planned for Spring 2017. We will update this as plans develop.
Achievement (s) :
- Our group developed two learning guides that have been used successfully with students and faculty in the new curriculum. We will continue to develop these materials for dissemination in other settings and for new students in coming years. See documents here.
04/28/2016 Meeting: Agenda
02/24/2016 Meeting: Agenda and Minutes
10/15/2015 Meeting: Agenda
- HMS Pathways: Guide to Learning in the New Curriculum
- Pathways Faculty Guide
- Recommendations from a Conference...
Instructions to view password protected resources
Press CTRL+T to open a new tab
Log into eCommons in that new tab
Return to the Academy website tab and click on the resource you wish to view
If you are logged in as instructed, the article/ resource will pop up. If you are not logged in as instructed, you will receive an error message.
(Please note: In order to view the resources below, you must be logged into eCommons in a separate tab in the same browser window in order to view).
To create and nurture a diverse community of the best people committed to leadership in alleviating human suffering caused by disease