- HMS Community Values
- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Letter from the Chairman
- Medical Education
- Application Form and Instructions
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Award Listing
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Award Summaries
- Financial Aid
- Spring Preview
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Office of the Registrar
- Award Recipients
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Research Administration Contacts
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Contact Us
- Human Resources
- The Academy
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- Department of Medicine
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Big Data In Healthcare
- Institutional Planning and Policy
- Master of Medical Sciences In Clinical Investigation
- Office of Global Education
- Portugal Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- Safety Quality Informatics and Leadership
- South American Clinical Research Training Program | SACRT
- Southeast Asia Leadership Program
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Global Education
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
- Contact us
Frequently asked questions
How do I...?
- What is HarvardKey
- How do I claim my HarvardKey?
- Where do I find my HAA ID and preferred email address?
- What if I need help claiming my HarvardKey?
- Contact a fellow alumna/us?
- Update my contact information?
- Submit a class note to Harvard Medicine?
- Notify the School about the death of a graduate?
- How can I volunteer?
- How do I learn about alumni events in my area?
- Access the faculty/staff directory?
- Request a transcript or copy of my diploma?
- Access Countway Library?
- Find information on a graduate for genealogy research?
- Make a gift?
HarvardKey is Harvard University’s new secure credential for accessing University applications and services with a convenient login name and password. For alumni, HarvardKey replaces PIN and other current logins that provide access to the online alumni community. HarvardKey will be in front of the new online features rolling out in the fall, such as the alumni directory, discussion forums, and event registration. In order to access these new features, as well as previous online functions that required login, alumni must first claim their HarvardKey and re-register their account.
Visit key.harvard.edu and follow the step-by-step instructions. You will need your Harvard Alumni Association ID (HAA ID), class year(s), and preferred email address on file. You can also watch a step-by-step tutorial video »
Your HAA ID number can be found in the footer of recent emails from the HMS Office of Alumni Relations and the Harvard Alumni Association, including the monthly Harvard Alumni Gazette or the HAA eVents. The preferred email address on file is the address that received the email.
Harvard University's IT Support Desk staff is available to answer your questions seven days a week. Please call 617-495-7777 or email email@example.com. The Support Desk schedule is: Monday through Friday, 7:30 – 8 pm; Saturday, 10 am – 6 pm; Sunday, noon – 5 pm.
Use the Alumni.Harvard Directory to search for fellow alumni. Please note that alumni can choose to show or hide all or part of their records. You will need your HarvardKey to access this information.
Alternatively, you can send an email addressed to the alumna/us you are trying to reach to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will forward your message to the email address we have on file so s/he can contact you directly.
Use the profile update tool in the Alumni.Harvard Directory to update your name, address, phone number, email, etc. Updating your contact information online also updates our mailing lists, ensuring that you receive event invitation, Harvard Medicine, Reunion notices, and other materials from HMS. You will need your HarvardKey to access this information.
Alternatively, you can send your updated contact information to email@example.com.
Email your news to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name and class year.
Please send their name, class year, and the date they passed to email@example.com. Please include a link to the obituary if possible. Notices are posted in the online "In Memoriam" section of the website within ten days.
Check out the "Getting Involved" section of the website for opportunities for you to use your knowledge and expertise to benefit the School.
Visit the "Regional Events" section of the website to see a list of upcoming events. Also, please be sure to keep your contact information up-to-date in Alumni.Harvard so we can mail invitations as things come up.
The Registrar's Office maintains the permanent record for every graduate and can provide transcripts, verifications of degree conferred, and other material needed for licensure and/or hospital staff appointments upon request. Visit their website for more information on how to access any of these services.
If you would like to borrow from the library, you may apply for an alumni card. Please complete a borrower application and drop it off at the Circulation desk. There is a $15 charge for the card and you will need to have your photo taken at this time.
In addition, alumni can now access thousands of peer-reviewed journals and more than 2,000 online seminars. Learn more about online educational resources »
You can access the book Harvard Quinquennial, which lists all Harvard graduates from 1636 to 1905. You can access a pdf of The Harvard Medical School: A History, Narrative, and Documentary. 1782-1905.
P: (617) 384-8520
F: (617) 384-8488
OFFICE LOCATION AND MAILING ADDRESS
Harvard Medical Alumni Association
Office of Alumni Relations
Landmark Center 401 Park Drive, Suite 22 West
Boston, MA 02215
Debra Metcalfe, director
Julie Griffin-Carty, assistant director
Emma Hastings, staff assistant