- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- Department of Medicine
- HMS Community Values Initiative
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Office of Global Education
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Safety Quality and Informatics Leadership
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
Your HR Office - New
Welcome to the HR Virtual Front Desk!
The "HR Front Desk" provides information and resources typically found by calling or visiting the HR Office. It is available to answer your questions and direct you to the appropriate office or web site as needed. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not find the information you are looking for here or on our pages to the left.
How do I learn more about...?
These are the most popular topics we receive questions on. Click on the link below for more information. In some cases you may be redirected to another Harvard web site. Additional information is located on the left hand side bar.
- Credentialing of Medical Staff
- Digital Library Access
- Employment Verifications ( Mortgage, Housing, Travel)
- Get a PIN
- Harvard ID Cards
- PeopleSoft Self Service - Update your Information
Other HMS Resources:
- Office for Faculty Affairs
- Information Technology
- MARS Login Page
- Ombuds Office
- Post Doc Office
Other Harvard Resources:
- Benefits Services Group - email email@example.com or call 617-496-4001
- HARVie (PIN protected)
- MASCO Shuttle Routes
- Outings & Innings
- PeopleSoft Login Page
- PIN Home (request a PIN)
- Tax Services
- T-Passes via Commuter Choice
- University Payroll Office
What we do
The Office of Human Resources provides services to the community to support the Core Commitments of Harvard Medical School.
Who we are
Administrative Services – This team is responsible for responding to initial inquiries and serves as an access point in order to ensure queries are directed to the most appropriate resource.
Community Activities – Our team plans and provides a variety of activities where members of our community come together throughout the year. Faculty, staff, and students alike enjoy art exhibits, musical performances, and events reflecting the broader Boston community.
Consulting Services – Our HR Consulting Teams work with staff and managers on a variety of workplace matters such job evaluation, compensation, leaves of absence, organizational and change management, performance management and conflict resolution.
HR Transactions - The HR Transactions team is the employee’s gateway to PeopleSoft starting with the New Hire setup which creates the Harvard ID and enables access into PS Self-Service, as well as ensuring employee records are up-to-date.
Human Resources Information Systems - The HRIS team supports the University and the Schools HR systems of PeopleSoft, ASPIRE, MARS PeopleView, provides HR data to departments, and populates directories such as Catalyst , eCommons, and the HMS White Pages.
Recruitment and Job Reclassification - Our recruiters partner with hiring managers to post jobs, and to source and hire the right people into the right jobs. HMS is committed to building an increasingly diverse and inclusive workforce.
Training and Development – Our Harvard Longwood Campus (HLC) team is committed to helping you foster a productive workplace, through a variety of workshops.
Work/Life – Our Work/Life Program Manager provides Harvard Longwood Campus (HLC) staff, faculty and post docs with information and resources that support successful Work/Life integration.