- HMS Community Values
- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- Dean for Medical Education
- Financial Aid
- Student Services
- MD Programs
- Student Handbook
- Education Matters
- Student Profiles
- Curriculum Services
- The Academy at Harvard Medical School
- Program Evaluation and Student Assessment
- Anatomical Gift Program
- Contact Us
- Teaching Awards
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- The Academy
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- Department of Medicine
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Big Data In Healthcare
- Institutional Planning and Policy
- Master of Medical Sciences In Clinical Investigation
- Office of Global Education
- Portugal Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- Safety Quality Informatics and Leadership
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
- Contact us
Wellness and Self Care
BodyScapes: Harvard Medical School has a partnership with BodyScapes in the New Research Building, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur. HMS/HSDM paid faculty, staff and postdocs receive a discounted rate. Your membership allows you to workout in any location including Brookline!
Health Insurance Plans - Membership Benefits
You may be eligible for an additional $150 fitness reimbursement from your health care provider. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (HPHC) and Harvard University Group Health Plan (HUGHP) both offer a $150 fitness reimbursement to enrolled staff who have been a member of a qualifying health club for at least four consecutive months. To learn more, visit the HUGHP and HPHC websites.
Managing stress effectively and maintaining psychological resilience are key components of a balanced life. As a Harvard University faculty or staff member you have access to a variety of health and wellness resources that can help you stay positive and healthy year-round. HARVie has resources listed in areas of physical activity, massage and acupuncture, mindfulness meditation, social supports, healthy eating and rest, spirituality, and personal finances.
Harvard’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Harvard’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers free, confidential help for all Harvard paid faculty, staff, and postdocs and their household members. You can reach the EAP at 877-327-4278 any day, at any time for counseling, online resources, webinars and seminars to help with any personal, family, or work-related issue including information on writing a Will; preventative measures for Cancer, Stress, or Heart disease; smoking and tobacco cessation; seeking Child Care or Elder Care Housing; or investing to name a few. You and any member of your household can call the EAP for confidential consultation and referrals to experts near work or home.
Family Medical Leave and Flexible Work Arrangements
Harvard offers Family Medical Leave benefits for when one is faced with caring for yourself or a dependent. Our leave of absence administrator will provide you with customized plans based on your employment and situation. The Work/Life program manager can help you think through flexible workplace arrangements that will help meet your department needs with the schedule you are proposing. Managers and supervisors are not obligated to grant requests, and some units and jobs may not be suited to flexible schedules. Please contact your HR Consultant to talk through potential options that best meet your personal and department needs for the particular job you are currently in.
Violence At Home Or At Work
If you feel as though you are in danger there are professionals who can help you.
- At work: Harvard University Police Department (HUPD): 617-495-1212
- At work: Your HR Consultant: 617-432-2035
- At home: Harvard’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP): 1-877-327-4278
- Educational Seminars and other resources to gain skills and knowledge when involved with employees who are troubled or stressed.
Cancer Diagnosis has an impact at home and at work no matter if you or a family member receives a diagnosis. There are many resources to support individuals at any stage from preventative screenings through diagnosis and treatments.
- Health Care Provider: Speak with your PCP about treatments, clinical trial participation, and preventative screenings.
- American Cancer Society is another great resource for cancer screening guidelines.
- Harvard's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) has clinicians who specialize in supporting families with recent diagnosis. 1-877-327-4278
- EAP Articles on diagnosis, treatments, survivor stories, tests and more. (search on the word Cancer)
- General Information about participating in clinical trials
- Work/Life Educational Seminars hosts educational seminars to support employees on a range of topics including support for employees who are touched by cancer.
- Links to participating in clinical trials:
Referral Bonus Program
Click here to find out how to earn a $2,000 referral bonus for key positions.
Coming in Fall 2016, Ekua Holmes. Exhibit and Artist Talk dates will be posted soon!
Transit Gallery events are sponsored by the HMS Office of Human Resources. Contact Tania Rodriquez with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).