Your employer counts on you and, it's likely that others do too. When you come to work each day, you don't stop being a parent or guardian, or the child of an aging relative, or a partner or sibling of an adult who needs care. Or perhaps you're responsible for feeding or exercising a pet. Are you a nursing mom? Wondering how to find daycare or an after-school program? Do you have a back-up plan if your dad's home-care in Floridafalls through? The HMS/HSDM and HSPH Human Resource Departments sponsor an array of on-site seminars addressing many of these work and life issues to the entire Longwood Medical Area.
Seminars are available free of charge to faculty, staff, clinicians, post docs, residents, and students at Harvard University and Harvard affiliated institutions in the Longwood Medical Area.
For a complete list of Seminars & Registration, click here.
- Most seminars are from 12-1:30 PM (unless where indicated).
- Please register so we know how many to expect for handouts and room size.
- Feel free to bring your own lunch
Winter Recess Time Reporting Q & A
Q. When is Harvard’s 2014 Winter Recess?
A: Winter Recess begins Wednesday December 24, 2014 and goes through Friday, January 2, 2015. Normal hours of operations will resume on Monday, January 5, 2015.
Q: Do I need to request any absences in PeopleSoft for Winter Recess if I am exempt from reporting hours weekly?
A: No, you do not need to request any absences or enter anything in PeopleSoft.
Q: I report my time weekly in PeopleSoft. What do I report for Winter Recess?
A: All Winter Recess time should be reported as Holiday (HOL).
- Helpful hints: You can use the Apply Schedule button for the week 12/24 -01/2 and just change the time type from Regular to Holiday. You can report your time up to two weeks in advance, which now covers the recess period.
Q: What if my job requires me to work one or more days during the Recess?
A: The specifics can vary by the day or days you work. Please refer to this grid for details for a day by day schedule of how to report time worked during the Recess. If you have questions about a specific situation contact Chirelle Hitt (email@example.com)
or your HR Consultant.
Q: I am a time approver and will be out of the office the day time needs to be approved. What arrangements can I make?
A: There are a couple of ways to do this:
- You can approve time as soon as it is in the system. Ask your staff to report their time early so you can approve it early as well.
- Make arrangements with another approver or adjuster for your group to approve your staff’s time.
- Contact Chirelle Hitt (2-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if no other backup is available.
Q: When should all absences and timesheets be entered and approved in PeopleSoft for the 12/26 paycheck?
- Report time & absences by 5:00 PM Wednesday, December 17th.
- Approve absences by 3:30 PM and approve timesheets by 5:00 PM Thursday, December 18th.
- Click here for the full Winter Recess Time and Absence Deadlines Calendar.