- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- The Academy
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- Department of Medicine
- HMS Community Values Initiative
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Big Data In Healthcare
- Institutional Planning and Policy
- Master of Medical Sciences In Clinical Investigation
- Office of Global Education
- Portugal Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- Safety Quality Informatics and Leadership
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
- Contact us
Before Your First Day
Timeline Checklist: Before Your First Day
Complete your new hire paperwork
The HR coordinator will be in touch with you to set up a time for you to come in prior to your start date to complete necessary paperwork. Please try to be available for this important appointment; attending will help to ensure that you get up and running on HMS systems as soon as possible.
Plan your commute
You probably made your way to your new office during the interviewing process, but now that you'll be coming here regularly it's a good time to check to make sure you've found the best way to get here.
Maps, Directions, and Commuting Assistance - Main Campus
- HMS maps and directions
- Directions to the Longwood Medical Area
- Personalized commute assistance to the LMA
- Contact information for parking at the HMS main campus
- Bicycle parking on the Harvard Longwood Campus
Parking at the Main Campus
You will not be able to get an official parking pass until you have your Harvard ID. For your first few days of work, if you are planning on getting a parking pass, with the approval of your department it is possible to get temporary access to parking until you receive your Harvard ID #.
Maps, Directions, and Commuting Assistance - Off Quad Office
Learn About the Area
An interactive map of the Longwood Medical Area showing the locations of banks, pharmacies, restaurants, and other amenities is available at: http://map.masco.org/.
Get ready for New Employee Orientation and the Harvard Longwood Campus Community Event
At HMS, New Employee Orientation has two main components: a session in Cambridge that happens on Mondays from 9:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m., and a Harvard Longwood Campus Community Event. The HR coordinator will provide you with information and details about registering for these events. Make sure that your manager is apprised of the dates you will be attending.
Talk with your manager
Communication is critical during this initial period. Make sure you know when, where, and to whom to report on your first day. If your scheduled start date changes from the one listed on your offer letter, please notify the HR coordinator immediately.
Find out when you'll get your first paycheck
Most HMS administrative and support staff are paid on a biweekly schedule. Click here for a biweekly paycheck calendar for 2014. It is color coded; the squares marked "$" are the payday for the pay period of the same color.
Referral Bonus Program
Click here to find out how to earn a $2,000 referral bonus for key positions.
Members of the Harvard Longwood Campus community are invited to visit Gordon Hall's Transit Gallery to view a new exhibit by Andrew Fish, which will be on display from March 30 through June 6, 2016.
The Artist Talk will take place Tuesday, April 12th, 4:00pm-5:00pm in Goldenson 122. A reception will follow in the Transit Gallery. Please join us!
Transit Gallery events are sponsored by the HMS Office of Human Resources. Contact Tania Rodriquez with any questions (email@example.com).