Employee's Getting Started Checklist
Welcome to Harvard Medical School, and congratulations on your new position! This website is designed to make your transition to Harvard Medical School as smooth as possible. There is a wealth of information and resources on this page, so take your time in familiarizing yourself with it. If you have questions that are not answered here, call the main number for Human Resources at 617-432-2035, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Complete your HireRight pre-employment screening
- Complete your new hire paperwork
- Plan your commute
- Learn about the area
- Get ready for New Employee Orientation
- Talk with your manager about your first week
- Find out when you should receive your first paycheck
- Sign up for your Harvard ID card
- Setup your eCommons account
- Set up your computer with your email account
- Get your Harvard PIN #
- Sign up for your T pass
- Register for Harvard's MessageMe Emergency Notification System
- Learn how to use PeopleSoft for reporting your time and absences
- Sign up for parking
- Meet with your manager.
- Attend Harvard University and Harvard Medical School New Employee Orientations
- Sign up for your benefits
- Determine your training needs
- Find out what systems you may need access to
- Explore Harvard's Intranets
- Talk to your supervisor about how you are doing
Members of the Harvard Longwood Campus community are invited to visit Gordon Hall's Transit Gallery to view a new exhibit of photography by James Hull.
Personal Propaganda: Reading Early Portraits / The Restoration Series
In this solo exhibition James Hull draws on years of experience working in museums to connect his decade-long documentary photo project: "The Restoration Series.” These photographs depict conservation and repairs to famous artworks, alongside a collection of early photographic portraits from the 1870's and 1880's gathered from James’ own family archives.
This exhibit will be on display from September 9th – October 27th. All are invited to attend an artist talk on September 30th, 4-5 in Goldenson 122, followed by a reception in the Transit Gallery.
Contact Tania Rodriguez (email@example.com)
Planning/Goal Setting for FY16 is underway! Resources and information can be found here.