Forms Frequently Used

More... Share to Twitter Share to Facebook

A listing of forms and links for employees and managers:

Accident Report Form

Additional Pay Form - One Time Payments  Use this form to request additional payments (such as bonus, non-travel reimbursement).  After all approvals are secured, payments will be included in the next available paycheck.

Additional Pay Form - 3rd Party or Gifts Use this form when paying a 3rd party on behalf of a Harvard employee.

Additional Pay Form Non HMS/HSDM: Use this form when you need to pay someone at another Harvard school or unit other than Harvard Medical School or School of Dental Medicine. (Central Payroll serves all other tubs.)

Affirmative Action EEO Report: Use for first annual appointments or first appointments after a break in service of greater than two years. This form is not required for visiting appointments. REVISED March 2011

Direct Deposit Form: Complete and send in to HMS HR-Payroll (Gordon Hall #010) - NOT to Cambridge. Can also use PeopleSoft Self Service.

FNIF - Foreign National Information Form to provide tax information for a foreign vendor or a new hire that is not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.  Visit the HIO (Harvard Internationl Office) for additional information regarding classification and taxes. 

Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage Form provides basic information about the new health insurance exchanges, as well as the health coverage options Harvard offers to benefits-eligible employees and their eligible dependents. These new health insurance exchanges—called the “Health Insurance Marketplace”—will open on October 1, 2013, and the health insurance coverage they offer will start on January 1, 2014.  Questions about the Exchanges can be directed to and/or Harvard Human Resources, Benefits by telephone at 617-496-4001 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or by email at  

I-9 Form  link to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)'s I-9 form.

Job Posting & Position Request From: Use this form to  1) post a replacement position, 2) post a replacement position with changes, or 3) to request a new position.  Completed forms should be sent to your Human Resources Consultant.

Job Reclassification Form:   This form isused for all reclassifications and promotions.After completing the form, send it yo your  Human Resources Consultant.

Use the W4 Federal Withholding Form to increase or decrease federal withholdings. Send the completed form to HMS Office of Human Resources-Payroll, 25 Shattuck St, #010, boston, MA 02115.  Can also use PeopleSoft Self Service.

Winter Recess Time Reporting Q & A

Q.   When is Harvard’s 2014 Winter Recess?

A:   Winter Recess begins Wednesday December 24, 2014 and goes through Friday, January 2, 2015.  Normal hours of operations will resume on Monday, January 5, 2015.


Q:  Do I need to request any absences in PeopleSoft for Winter Recess if I am exempt from reporting hours weekly?

A:  No, you do not need to request any absences or enter anything in PeopleSoft.


Q:   I report my time weekly in PeopleSoft.  What do I report for Winter Recess?

A:   All Winter Recess time should be reported as Holiday (HOL).

  • Helpful hints:  You can use the Apply Schedule button for the week 12/24 -01/2 and just change the time type from Regular to Holiday.   You can report your time up to two weeks in advance, which now covers the recess period.


Q:   What if my job requires me to work one or more days during the Recess?

A:   The specifics can vary by the day or days you work.  Please refer to this grid for details for a day by day schedule of how to report time worked during the Recess.  If you have questions about a specific situation contact Chirelle Hitt (
       or your HR Consultant.


Q:  I am a time approver and will be out of the office the day time needs to be approved.  What arrangements can I make?

A:  There are a couple of ways to do this:

  • You can approve time as soon as it is in the system.  Ask your staff to report their time early so you can approve it early as well.
  • Make arrangements with another approver or adjuster for your group to approve your staff’s time.
  • Contact Chirelle Hitt (2-3901 or if no other backup is available.


Q:  When should all absences and timesheets be entered and approved in PeopleSoft for the 12/26 paycheck?