Volunteer to be a Career Mentor for a Veteran
one-on-one career development mentoring to post-2001 military veterans. Mentors and protégés are paired based on considerations such as location, education and career interests. Mentorships are for one year and you are encouraged to meet at least once a month via email, videoconference, telephone or in-person to discuss résumé and interview preparation, networking and other topics. ACP staff check in regularly to provide resources. If you have questions about this volunteer opportunity, please contact Melissa Brown in the Center for Workplace Development (617-496-1063). To sign up, go to the online application , enter access code HVDACP, and ACP will be in touch with you. If you cannot make a monthly commitment, you may still support ACP’s mission and offer career guidance by joining their online community.
Winter Recess Time Reporting Q & A
Q. When is Harvard’s 2014 Winter Recess?
A: Winter Recess begins Wednesday December 24, 2014 and goes through Friday, January 2, 2015. Normal hours of operations will resume on Monday, January 5, 2015.
Q: Do I need to request any absences in PeopleSoft for Winter Recess if I am exempt from reporting hours weekly?
A: No, you do not need to request any absences or enter anything in PeopleSoft.
Q: I report my time weekly in PeopleSoft. What do I report for Winter Recess?
A: All Winter Recess time should be reported as Holiday (HOL).
- Helpful hints: You can use the Apply Schedule button for the week 12/24 -01/2 and just change the time type from Regular to Holiday. You can report your time up to two weeks in advance, which now covers the recess period.
Q: What if my job requires me to work one or more days during the Recess?
A: The specifics can vary by the day or days you work. Please refer to this grid for details for a day by day schedule of how to report time worked during the Recess. If you have questions about a specific situation contact Chirelle Hitt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or your HR Consultant.
Q: I am a time approver and will be out of the office the day time needs to be approved. What arrangements can I make?
A: There are a couple of ways to do this:
- You can approve time as soon as it is in the system. Ask your staff to report their time early so you can approve it early as well.
- Make arrangements with another approver or adjuster for your group to approve your staff’s time.
- Contact Chirelle Hitt (2-3901 or email@example.com) if no other backup is available.
Q: When should all absences and timesheets be entered and approved in PeopleSoft for the 12/26 paycheck?
- Report time & absences by 5:00 PM Wednesday, December 17th.
- Approve absences by 3:30 PM and approve timesheets by 5:00 PM Thursday, December 18th.
- Click here for the full Winter Recess Time and Absence Deadlines Calendar.
To create and nurture a diverse community
of the best people committed to leadership in alleviating human suffering caused by disease