Through a variety of activities, members of our community come together throughout the year. Faculty, staff, and students alike enjoy art exhibits, musical performances, and events reflecting the broader Boston community.
Coming Soon! On My Own Time Exhibit!
All are invited to the reception celebration on Wednesday, November 12th from 2:30p-4:30p in the lobby of the HSDM Research Education Building (190 Longwood Avenue).
On My Own Time (OMOT) is an exhibit that features the diverse talents and interests of staff, faculty, post-docs, and students, providing the opportunity to bring one's whole self to work and showcase talents that may not be apparent to your colleagues. Past exhibit entries included music, dance, photography, textiles, basket-weaving, poetry, sculpture, cooking, and more.
The OMOT exhibit will include HSPH, HMS, and HSDM. The exhibit will be displayed at the HSDM Research Education Building at 190 Longwood Avenue (located directly behind 188 Longwood Avenue) from November 12-21, 2014.
If you would like to participate, please complete the entry form found here. The deadline for submissions is Friday, October 24, 2014.
Please contact the OMOT team with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call either Tania Rodriguez (617.432.3809) or Ilia Maldonado (617.432.1627).
Winter Recess Time Reporting Q & A
Q. When is Harvard’s 2014 Winter Recess?
A: Winter Recess begins Wednesday December 24, 2014 and goes through Friday, January 2, 2015. Normal hours of operations will resume on Monday, January 5, 2015.
Q: Do I need to request any absences in PeopleSoft for Winter Recess if I am exempt from reporting hours weekly?
A: No, you do not need to request any absences or enter anything in PeopleSoft.
Q: I report my time weekly in PeopleSoft. What do I report for Winter Recess?
A: All Winter Recess time should be reported as Holiday (HOL).
- Helpful hints: You can use the Apply Schedule button for the week 12/24 -01/2 and just change the time type from Regular to Holiday. You can report your time up to two weeks in advance, which now covers the recess period.
Q: What if my job requires me to work one or more days during the Recess?
A: The specifics can vary by the day or days you work. Please refer to this grid for details for a day by day schedule of how to report time worked during the Recess. If you have questions about a specific situation contact Chirelle Hitt (email@example.com)
or your HR Consultant.
Q: I am a time approver and will be out of the office the day time needs to be approved. What arrangements can I make?
A: There are a couple of ways to do this:
- You can approve time as soon as it is in the system. Ask your staff to report their time early so you can approve it early as well.
- Make arrangements with another approver or adjuster for your group to approve your staff’s time.
- Contact Chirelle Hitt (2-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if no other backup is available.
Q: When should all absences and timesheets be entered and approved in PeopleSoft for the 12/26 paycheck?
- Report time & absences by 5:00 PM Wednesday, December 17th.
- Approve absences by 3:30 PM and approve timesheets by 5:00 PM Thursday, December 18th.
- Click here for the full Winter Recess Time and Absence Deadlines Calendar.