We now have access to ePerformance, the PeopleSoft system for recording and capturing annual Performance Management Data, replacing the paper-based Performance Planning and Review (PPR) tool used in previous years.
Department Administrators were able to choose from three form-types offered within ePerformance for the FY15 performance year (*ask your Department Administrator which form your department will be utilizing):
- Standard Form – This is the most complete form. It provides separate sections for identifying specific goals (both results-based and professional development) and competencies, as well as optional sections for collecting feedback at year-end. It is the most iterative, in that there is system-facilitated interaction between the staff member and manager at the beginning of the performance cycle (Planning/Goal Setting) as well as the end of the cycle (Assessment).
- Summary Form – This form is completed by the manager at the end of the performance cycle (Assessment). It provides space for a specific narrative summary for goals completed (both results-based and professional development) and competencies demonstrated.
- Exception Form – This form is completed by the manager at the end of the performance cycle (Assessment). It provides a single space for a narrative summary for overall performance.
September 30, 2014 - Goal Setting and Planning completed:
- Standard Form users – Staff and managers will enter this information directly into PeopleSoft (Self-Service or Manager Self-Service>Performance Management>My Current or Team Current Documents).
- Summary and Exception Form users – Staff and managers will capture FY15 goals in an electronic format that can be updated and referred to for the Assessment Phase in the spring of 2015. Planning/Goal Setting Form for Summary and Exception Form Users (PDF)
January/February 2015 - Informal Interim Check-in Discussions completed (this is a useful way to discuss and implement any adjustments to goal content and/or goal dates).
May 31 through July 31, 2015 – Performance Assessments completed (timing will vary for some departments).
Performance Management Reminders
ePerformance is LIVE! The best way to prepare for meaningful Assessment conversations in the spring is to invest in clear goal-setting now. The deadline for completing FY15 Goals is September 30th.
Departments using the ePerformance Standard From can enter goals directly into PeopleSoft.
Departments using the ePerformance Summary and Exception Forms can capture goals on the "Planning/Goal Setting Form" found here.
ePerformance training and resource information can be found here.
For departments in the process of completing FY14 PPR Assessments, the deadline for completion/submission was August 31st. While we have several departments with a 100% completion rate, the overall HMS completion rate for FY14 is hovering around 60%. Please finalize and submit your completed FY14 PPR Assessment documents at your earliest convenience.
To create and nurture a diverse community
of the best people committed to leadership in alleviating human suffering caused by disease