- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- Q&A Archive
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- HMS NEXT
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- test page
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
Dean's Corner - The Dean's Perspective
Recent Dean's Dispatches
Past as Prologue?
In his latest blog post, Dean Flier discusses how Lessons from the NIH "golden era" may benefit medical education and research.
For millennia, a fundamental responsibility of physicians has been caring for the wounds of their patients. Applying salve and ointment, removing dead or diseased tissue, covering and binding with bandages, these are the actions most associated with trauma care. Read the full entry.
Reflections on Three Decades of Discovery
"Research was critical to my own experience as a medical student, and as HMS dean I have made it a priority for our students." Read the full entry.
Wall Street Journal Editorials
- Read Dean Flier's editorial on health care reform in the U.S.
- Read Dean Flier's editorial on health care quality and cost discipline.
Speaking Engagement Highlights
- Dean Flier spoke at Massachusetts General Hospital as they celebrated their acheivemant as #1 hospital in the country by US News and World Report. Read the full text of his address.
- Each year we honor the distinguished recipients of the Warren Alpert Foundation Prize at a symposium in the Martin Conference Center. Read Dean Flier's blog post regarding the 2012 prize recipients.
To create and nurture a diverse community
of the best people committed to leadership in
alleviating human suffering caused by disease