- Medical Education
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- Q&A Archive
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- HMS NEXT
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Welcome Alumni
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Human Resources
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
HMS Research Administration provides a number of resources for investigators and administrators including:
- Pre- and Post-Award support for sponsored projects through Sponsored Programs Administration and the Office of Sponsored Programs
- Guidance on issues related to compliance through the Office of Research Compliance
- Development of research protocols involving animals, humans, and recombinant DNA and biohazards.
- Animal use guidelines through the Harvard Center for Comparative Medicine
- Strategic collaborations with industry through the Office of Technology Development.
The Office of Research Compliance is dedicated to advance a culture of ethics, integrity and compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies which govern institutions of higher education through awareness programs, monitoring and responding to non-compliance.
OTD advances the development of groundbreaking Harvard discoveries by fostering strategic collaborations with industry – through licensing, sponsored research and new venture agreements – to bring them into market, build value, and benefit society.
COMS is a standing faculty committee that reviews all research involving recombinant DNA as well as work involving biohazards at Harvard and its affiliated institutions.
Through the oversight of experimental protocols, the IACUC ensures the welfare of animals used in research throughout the Harvard Medical Area.
Resources: Forms; Policies, Guidelines, SOPs, Training; Frequently Asked Questions
The Harvard Center for Comparative Medicine (HCCM) is responsible for the laboratory animal use program of the Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, and the Brigham and Women's Hospital. Our services include routine and specialized animal husbandry of all common laboratory animal species, veterinary care, diagnostic pathology, infectious disease surveillance, quarantine, and animal use compliance oversight.
Sponsored Programs Administration provides guidance and stewardship for faculty and staff involved in research activities at Harvard Medical School (HMS) and Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSDM) in support of the HMS commitment to alleviate human suffering caused by disease.
OHRA protect the rights and welfare of subjects involved in human research and to provide education to the research community of Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School, and Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
The Office for Sponsored Programs (OSP) at Harvard University provides grants management support to the research and scholarly community at Harvard.