Employee's Getting Started Checklist
Welcome to Harvard Medical School, and congratulations on your new position! This website is designed to make your transition to Harvard Medical School as smooth as possible. There is a wealth of information and resources on this page, so take your time in familiarizing yourself with it. If you have questions that are not answered here, call the main number for Human Resources at 617-432-2035, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Complete your HireRight pre-employment screening
- Complete your new hire paperwork
- Plan your commute
- Learn about the area
- Get ready for New Employee Orientation
- Talk with your manager about your first week
- Find out when you should receive your first paycheck
- Sign up for your Harvard ID card
- Setup your eCommons account
- Set up your computer with your email account
- Get your Harvard PIN #
- Sign up for your T pass
- Register for Harvard's MessageMe Emergency Notification System
- Learn how to use PeopleSoft for reporting your time and absences
- Sign up for parking
- Meet with your manager.
- Attend Harvard University and Harvard Medical School New Employee Orientations
- Sign up for your benefits
- Determine your training needs
- Find out what systems you may need access to
- Explore Harvard's Intranets
- Talk to your supervisor about how you are doing
lyndaCampus provides unlimited access to the lynda.com library of video tutorials on topics that are specifically keyed to important skills and technology.
To access this resource, you will need to set up your account from a Harvard networked computer by going to the lyndaCampus registration page. Once you have followed the instructions there to establish your account, you can log onto lynda.com anywhere you have an internet connection -- at work, at home, or from a smartphone or mobile device and have full access to the course library.
As of 9/13/13
263 registered users from HMS/HDSM (since we began the pilot in mid-June)
Those users have taken 299.6 hours of training on 275 different lynda.com courses.
The most popular courses so far are:
- Applied Responsive Design
- CSS: Styling Navigation
- Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Fundamentals
- DSLR Video Tips
- Excel 2010 Essential Training
- Bootstrap 3: Advanced Web Development
- CSS: Page Layouts
- Access 2010 Essential Training