Employee's Getting Started Checklist
Welcome to Harvard Medical School, and congratulations on your new position! This website is designed to make your transition to Harvard Medical School as smooth as possible. There is a wealth of information and resources on this page, so take your time in familiarizing yourself with it. If you have questions that are not answered here, call the main number for Human Resources at 617-432-2035, or send an email to email@example.com .
- Complete your HireRight pre-employment screening
- Complete your new hire paperwork
- Plan your commute
- Learn about the area
- Get ready for New Employee Orientation
- Talk with your manager about your first week
- Find out when you should receive your first paycheck
- Sign up for your Harvard ID card
- Setup your eCommons account
- Set up your computer with your email account
- Get your Harvard PIN #
- Sign up for your T pass
- Register for Harvard's MessageMe Emergency Notification System
- Learn how to use PeopleSoft for reporting your time and absences
- Sign up for parking
- Meet with your manager.
- Attend Harvard University and Harvard Medical School New Employee Orientations
- Sign up for your benefits
- Determine your training needs
- Find out what systems you may need access to
- Explore Harvard's Intranets
- Talk to your supervisor about how you are doing
Transit Gallery Exhibit!
Opening January 28, 2015
Dimensions of Harvard Medical School - a photography exhibit representing the many faces and facets of the Harvard Medical School community.
Over 100 portraits of HMS and HSDM faculty, staff, administrators, fellows and students from the Quad and Harvard-affiliated hospitals capture the essence of our community and represent our vast scope of cultures, ethnicities, races, genders, ages, careers, tenure and spiritual beliefs. Personal narratives of the participants compliment the photography of Jennifer Waddell and reveal the motivations and talents our colleagues draw upon to make Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine “work”.
All are invited to the exhibit opening and reception on Wednesday, January 28, 2015 from 4:00—5:30 PM in the Waterhouse Room at HMS' Gordon Hall located at 25 Shattuck Street.