Employee's Getting Started Checklist
Welcome to Harvard Medical School, and congratulations on your new position! This website is designed to make your transition to Harvard Medical School as smooth as possible. There is a wealth of information and resources on this page, so take your time in familiarizing yourself with it. If you have questions that are not answered here, call the main number for Human Resources at 617-432-2035, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Complete your HireRight pre-employment screening
- Complete your new hire paperwork
- Plan your commute
- Learn about the area
- Get ready for New Employee Orientation
- Talk with your manager about your first week
- Find out when you should receive your first paycheck
- Sign up for your Harvard ID card
- Setup your eCommons account
- Set up your computer with your email account
- Get your Harvard PIN #
- Sign up for your T pass
- Register for Harvard's MessageMe Emergency Notification System
- Learn how to use PeopleSoft for reporting your time and absences
- Sign up for parking
- Meet with your manager.
- Attend Harvard University and Harvard Medical School New Employee Orientations
- Sign up for your benefits
- Determine your training needs
- Find out what systems you may need access to
- Explore Harvard's Intranets
- Talk to your supervisor about how you are doing
Performance Management Reminders
ePerformance is LIVE! The best way to prepare for meaningful Assessment conversations in the spring is to invest in clear goal-setting now. The deadline for completing FY15 Goals is September 30th.
Departments using the ePerformance Standard From can enter goals directly into PeopleSoft.
Departments using the ePerformance Summary and Exception Forms can capture goals on the "Planning/Goal Setting Form" found here.
ePerformance training and resource information can be found here.
For departments in the process of completing FY14 PPR Assessments, the deadline for completion/submission was August 31st. While we have several departments with a 100% completion rate, the overall HMS completion rate for FY14 is hovering around 60%. Please finalize and submit your completed FY14 PPR Assessment documents at your earliest convenience.