Employee's Getting Started Checklist
Welcome to Harvard Medical School, and congratulations on your new position! This website is designed to make your transition to Harvard Medical School as smooth as possible. There is a wealth of information and resources on this page, so take your time in familiarizing yourself with it. If you have questions that are not answered here, call the main number for Human Resources at 617-432-2035, or send an email to email@example.com .
- Complete your HireRight pre-employment screening
- Complete your new hire paperwork
- Plan your commute
- Learn about the area
- Get ready for New Employee Orientation
- Talk with your manager about your first week
- Find out when you should receive your first paycheck
- Sign up for your Harvard ID card
- Setup your eCommons account
- Set up your computer with your email account
- Get your Harvard PIN #
- Sign up for your T pass
- Register for Harvard's MessageMe Emergency Notification System
- Learn how to use PeopleSoft for reporting your time and absences
- Sign up for parking
- Meet with your manager.
- Attend Harvard University and Harvard Medical School New Employee Orientations
- Sign up for your benefits
- Determine your training needs
- Find out what systems you may need access to
- Explore Harvard's Intranets
- Talk to your supervisor about how you are doing
2014 Harvard Longwood Campus
On My Own Time Exhibit
Now Accepting Submissions!
On My Own Time (OMOT) is an exhibit that features the diverse talents and interests of staff, faculty, post-docs, and students, providing the opportunity to bring one's whole self to work and showcase talents that may not be apparent to your colleagues. Past exhibit entries included music, dance, photography, textiles, basket-weaving, poetry, sculpture, cooking, and more.
The OMOT exhibit will include HSPH, HMS, and HSDM. The exhibit will be displayed at the HSDM Research Education Building at 190 Longwood Avenue (located directly behind 188 Longwood Avenue) from November 12-21, 2014. All are invited to the reception celebration on Wednesday, November 12th from 2:30p-4:30p in the lobby of the Research Education Building.
If you would like to participate, please complete the entry form found here. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, October 8, 2014.
Please contact the OMOT team with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call either Tania Rodriguez (617.432.3809) or Ilia Maldonado (617.432.1627).