Employee's Getting Started Checklist
Welcome to Harvard Medical School, and congratulations on your new position! This website is designed to make your transition to Harvard Medical School as smooth as possible. There is a wealth of information and resources on this page, so take your time in familiarizing yourself with it. If you have questions that are not answered here, call the main number for Human Resources at 617-432-2035, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Complete your HireRight pre-employment screening
- Complete your new hire paperwork
- Plan your commute
- Learn about the area
- Get ready for New Employee Orientation
- Talk with your manager about your first week
- Find out when you should receive your first paycheck
- Sign up for your Harvard ID card
- Setup your eCommons account
- Set up your computer with your email account
- Get your Harvard PIN #
- Sign up for your T pass
- Register for Harvard's MessageMe Emergency Notification System
- Learn how to use PeopleSoft for reporting your time and absences
- Sign up for parking
- Meet with your manager.
- Attend Harvard University and Harvard Medical School New Employee Orientations
- Sign up for your benefits
- Determine your training needs
- Find out what systems you may need access to
- Explore Harvard's Intranets
- Talk to your supervisor about how you are doing
The Summer Music Series Begins Wednesday, July 9, 2014
The schools of the Harvard Longwood Campus - HMS, HSPH and HSDM - invite you to take a break from your research, patients, paperwork and other tasks to enjoy the 6th Annual Longwood Campus Summer Music Series, taking place on the HMS Quad and Kresge Courtyard. The concerts, featuring talented musicians from Berklee College of Music, take place on Wednesdays from 12:30—1:30 p.m.
Join us July 9th for the first concert of the season.
If you have questions about the Summer Music Series, please contact Tania Rodriguez at 432-3809 or via e-mail (email@example.com).