- Medical Education
- Vanderbilt Hall
- What it Means to Be a Harvard Doctor
- Tuition, Fees, & Expenses
- Interview Day
- Admissions FAQs
- The Neighborhood
- Admissions Publications
- Contact Admissions
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- Q&A Archive
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- HMS NEXT
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Welcome Alumni
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Human Resources
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
2013 Dolores J. Brown Award for Staff Assistants
Deadline for nominations was Friday, April 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM!
The Office of Human Resources at Harvard Medical School invites you to submit nominations of Staff Assistants for the Dolores J. Brown Award.
Nominees must be overtime-eligible (hourly), working directly for HMS or HSDM (receiving a Harvard paycheck), and who hold one of the following titles:
- staff assistant
- executive assistant
- Has a record of outstanding service to his or her position, to the School, and to his or her colleagues;
- Has demonstrated respect for the School and its mission;
- Helps create a welcoming, friendly and inclusive environment.
To nominate an individual click on this Award Nomination Form
Award honors the memory of Dolores J. Brown
This award was established to honor the memory of Dolores J. Brown for all she contributed to the School in her role as assistant to Dean Daniel C. Tosteson from 1985 until 1997, and Dean Emeritus from 1997 until 2000.
The Brown Family established this award in 2001 to recognize an exceptional staff member in HMS or HSDM who embodies the same spirit and commitment that Dolores had for her work at the School. An ad hoc committee will review nominations and select the recipient.
For questions please contact Catherine Cisternelli at 617-432-3004.
Transit Gallery News!
Members of the Harvard Longwood Campus community are invited to visit Gordon Hall's Transit Gallery to view a new exhibit, Life Force, featuring the work of Helen Meyrowitz. This exhibit will be on display March 5th through April 14th.
Please Join Us!
March 11, 2014, 4:00pm-5:00pm, Goldenson 122
Artist Helen Meyrowitz will share her exhibit "Life Force" which reflects the complicated mix of emotions experienced as her husband Sidney suffered from and eventually succumbed to Alzheimer's disease. HMS Dean Jeffrey S. Flier will join her discussion, and describe current Alzheimer's research. A reception will follow in the Transit Gallery.
The Transit Gallery, located in Gordon Hall's lower level corridor, showcases professional artists in the Harvard and greater Boston communities whose works use, explore or are otherwise connected to the sciences.
To learn more about the Transit Gallery and its exhibits, please contact Tania Rodriguez at 432-3809 or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).