- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- Department of Medicine
- HMS Community Values Initiative
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Office of Global Education
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Safety Quality and Informatics Leadership
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
- Retain control over assets during your lifetime
- Save on federal estate taxes
- Leave a legacy
- Revoke the gift if your financial circumstances change
"I give (________ dollars or ________ percent or all of the residue of my estate) to the President and Fellows of Harvard College, a Massachusetts educational, charitable corporation, for the benefit of Harvard Medical School (optional to benefit research or scholarship or medical education)."
Is HMS already part of your estate plan? Click here to tell us about it.
Bequests can be structured in several ways
HMS receives a specific dollar amount or specific assets, such as securities, real estate, or tangible personal property (e.g., works of art, antiques, etc.).
HMS receives all, or a percentage of, the remainder of your estate after the payment of any specific bequests and all estate-related expenses.
HMS receives the bequest only in the event of the death of the other beneficiary(ies).
Testamentary QTIP Trust
The trust provides income, and principal if needed, to your spouse for life, after which the assets pass to HMS.
Testamentary Life Income Gift
Fund a life income gift using a bequest and generate income for one or more heirs for life, after which the assets pass to HMS.
Testamentary Charitable Lead Trust
Establish a charitable lead trust through a bequest, provide income to the School for a set term, and then pass the assets to your heirs.
To learn more, please contact:
Director of Gift Planning
(617) 384-8445 or (800) 922-1782