Child Care Subcommittee
Chairs: Zoe Fonseca-Kelly, Ph.D. (Staff) POSITION OPEN (Faculty)
- Work with the Office of the HMS Executive Dean for Administration to support childcare initiatives
- Work closely with CHACC (Consortium of Harvard Affiliates for Child Care) and Family Childcare Network
- Promote and highlight childcare initiatives
- Monitor childcare resources and evaluate need for another childcare summit
LMA Family Childcare Network: A Program of the Longwood Institutions
The LMA Family Childcare Network is an exciting new opportunity for employees of the Longwood area institutions. This Network, which began in August 2013, provides access to family childcare providers in neighborhoods surrounding the LMA. These providers are trained, licensed and accredited, and provide children with a nurturing home setting with fewer children than traditional center based childcare. In collaboration with well-known and respected Associated Early Care and Education, the LMA Family Childcare Network has selected 8-10 family childcare homes that will provide care to LMA members’ children.
- Nina Dickerman presented an update on the network at the Dec 4, 2013 JCSW Meeting. View slides.
- LMA Family Childcare Network Questions and Answers.
- Application for Enrollment Form and more information about the LMA Family Childcare Network
On-Site Child Care Centers
Faculty, staff, and postdocs have access to child care centers in Longwood, Cambridge and Allston. For a listing of Harvard affiliated centers and more information click here.
Child Care Resource and Referral Service
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) offer free, confidential help for all LMA faculty and staff and their household members. You can reach the EAP any time for referrals to child care programs, elder care resources, services that support family members with chronic illness, legal advisers, financial advisers, and behavioral health professionals. To find out more please click here to find out the number of your institution’s EAP.
Back Up Child Care
Faculty, staff, and postdocs in the Longwood Medical Area have access to Parents in a Pinch. This service offers back-up and emergency care options for those times when you must get to work and your regular arrangements for a child, or adults, fall through. Please visit with your Human Resource intranet or website to find out more.
Who We Are
A community of women and men who strive to make the working environment better for all.
Harvard Medical School /
Harvard School of Dental Medicine
25 Shattuck Street, Room 206
Boston, MA 02115