- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- Financial Aid
- MD Programs
- Curriculum Services
- Program Evaluation and Student Assessment
- Student Services
- The Academy at Harvard Medical School
- Anatomical Gift Program
- Class Day 2014
- Teaching Awards
- Contact Us
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- Q&A Archive
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- HMS NEXT
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- test page
- Safety Quality and Informatics Leadership
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
Dolores J. Brown Staff Award
Award honors the memory of Dolores J. Brown
This award was established to honor the memory of Dolores J. Brown for all she contributed to the School in her role as assistant to Dean Daniel C. Tosteson from 1985 until 1997, and Dean Emeritus from 1997 until 2000.
The Brown Family established this award in 2001 to recognize an exceptional staff member in HMS or HSDM who embodies the same spirit and commitment that Dolores had for her work at the School. An ad hoc committee will review nominations and select the recipient.
Nominees must be overtime-eligible (hourly) staff receiving a Harvard paycheck and working directly for HMS or HSDM. These individuals can be in administrative, research, or educational support roles.
- Has a record of outstanding service to his or her position, to the School, and to his or her colleagues;
- Has demonstrated respect for the School and its mission;
- Helps create a welcoming, friendly and inclusive environment.
The nomination period opens September 19 and closes October 3, 2014. Click on the DJB Nomination Form
For questions please contact Catherine Cisternelli at 617-432-3004.
Benefits Open Enrollment for 2015
Harvard’s annual benefits Open Enrollment for 2015 will take place in PeopleSoft starting at 8 a.m. on November 5, 2014 through 8 p.m. on November 19, 2014. Benefit elections you make during Open Enrollment will be effective January 1, 2015.
For Faculty, post docs, administrative and professional staff and other non-union staff members Harvard has announced several health plan changes. You can read more about the 2015 Benefits changes here.
To get much more out of the upcoming information sessions and the “big” Open Enrollment Guide, watch this informative video and take the self-assessment to hone in on the benefits options that might be right for you. It only takes 8-10 minutes and is available here.
Educational sessions will be held on the Harvard Longwood Campus and at the Primate Center, as well as WebEx sessions to cover the 2015 non-union benefit plan changes only.
For Union Members Open Enrollment highlights can be found here.
To create and nurture a diverse community
of the best people committed to leadership in alleviating human suffering caused by disease