- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Student Services
- Registering for Courses
- Exchange Clerk Program for Visiting Medical Students
- Curriculum Requirements
- Student Handbook
- Being a Student at Harvard Medical School
- History of Harvard Medicine
- 1. The MD Programs at Harvard Medical School
- 2. Academic Information and Policies
- 3. Academic Resources
- 4. Student Conduct and Responsibility
- 5. Combined degree programs
- 6. Financial Obligations
- 7. General Policies
- 8. Housing and Dining Services
- 9. Student Health
- 10. Services and Programs
- Alumni Services
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- Department of Medicine
- HMS Community Values Initiative
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Office of Global Education
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Safety Quality and Informatics Leadership
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
Animal Experimentation Protocol Form for new protocols and three-year renewals.
This form must be submitted to the IACUC and formal approval received before any animal work may begin. See our protocol submission guidelines for further instructions
Use this form to keep track of required training for the personnel in your laboratory.
Infectious Agents – Register with the Committee on Microbiological Safety (COMS) before using biological agents and/or transgenic animals. Contact your institutional biosafety officer for more information.
IACUC Training - Training modules can be accessed online at
AALASlearninglibrary.org Please contact the ORSP office for login information and course requirements. 617-432-3192 or email@example.com
For additional training contact HCCM: firstname.lastname@example.org
This form must be submitted before any changes to the approved protocol may be implemented.
In addition, complete the appropriate section for all new procedures requested via this amendment. If new species are requested via section 4, complete each section for the procedures these animals will undergo.
- D. Social Housing
- E. Disposition of Animals
- F. Immunization
- G. Ascites Production
- H. Transgenic/Knock-out
- I. Administered Substances
- J. Surgery
- K. Multiple Survival Surgery
- L. Painful Procedure(s)
- M. Behavioral Controls
- N. Diet or Environmental Changes
Use this form to request an exemption from policy or standards of care.
New Grant Form
Use this form when appending a funding source to an approved protocol (this includes Fellowships).
New Personnel Form
Use this form to add new personnel to your protocol.
Annual Review Form
Regulations governing the use of laboratory animals mandate that the HMA IACUC must review and approve animal protocols involving USDA-covered species at least annually. If you are working with a USDA species, this form must be submitted each year for animal work to continue.
Adverse Event Form
This form should be completed as a means of notifying the IACUC of an unforeseen event that negatively impacts the welfare of research animal(s), involving pain, distress, and/or death of the animal(s).
External Rodent Transfer Form
Use this form when transferring rodents to a different PI/institution.
Protocol Transfer Letter (Sample)
A letter must be submitted to the IACUC to transfer an existing protocol to another PI.
End of Project
Protocol Closure Form
Use this form if you are CLOSING an active protocol (e.g. leaving the Institution).