1. Is this a part time program that I can take when I want in my spare time?
The workshops are scheduled for specific days during the year and the modules will be available online 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
2. Can you give me more information on how the webinars will be scheduled, specifically at what times?
The webinars will be scheduled for various time zones and will generally be scheduled in the evening.
3. Are there any other workshops that need to be attended other than the two in London and one in Boston?
The only workshops are the ones stated (London in July 2013 and January 2014, and Boston in June 2014).
4. Is the accommodation expense or anything else included in the fees for the course?
The fee covers the program tuition only. It does not cover cost for travel, lodging and meals, which we estimate at between USD 3,000 to USD 5,000. The cost of the STATA program and books, which we estimate will be approximately USD 600, is also not covered by the fee
5. What is the financial commitment expected from participants?
The tuition for the program is USD 10,500 during the early registration period. After April 15, 2013, the tuition is USD 10,900. The total financial commitment will depend on where you will be travelling from, the mode of travel, and the type of accommodation you book.
6. What is the payment procedure? Can I pay in installments?
A completed application must be submitted first. Once your application is accepted, payment will be required in full. On an exceptional basis we may consider payment in installments; a request for installment payments must be made in writing to the program director.
7. Will there be a possibility of refund?
Once you are accepted in the program and after your payment is made no refund is permitted unless the program is cancelled.
8. When will I be notified of acceptance?
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and you will be notified regarding your application within two weeks of its receipt.
9. How many students are expected to enroll?
Full enrollment is expected to be 100 students in each of the two concentrations.
10. Who will issue the certificate of completion?
The certificate will be from Harvard Medical School and will be provided to scholars who complete all of the requirements and are in good standing.
11. Could successful completion of this program be converted to credits that could be applied to a master's degree program?
The program does not provide academic credits.
12. Are there any scholarships for this program?
A limited number of full or partial scholarships may be available. Please indicate in your application cover letter that you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
13. Can this program be completed without having to come to Harvard Medical School for one year?
You do not need to come to Harvard Medical School for a year. The program is given in a blended learning format, with both online and face-to-face workshop components. Of the three workshops, two are in London for three days each, and one is in Boston for five days. Both the online and face-to-face workshops are mandatory components of the program.
14. Do I have to be resident of the USA to participate?
No, you do not need to be a resident or citizen of the USA.
15. Does GCSRT provides visa assistance?
Not directly. For travel to London, UK, or Boston, USA, we will provide a letter of invitation should one be requested or required for visa purposes.
16. What are the employment opportunities after the course certificate?
As an educational program only, there are no associated opportunities for employment.
17. Is this an online only course or does one have to travel to the USA?
This is a blended learning program. Online lectures will be available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. There are three workshops - two in London for three days (Fri, Sat, Sun) each and one in Boston for five days.
18. What if I don't have internet access?
We strongly urge you to have an internet connection in place. Under exceptional circumstances we will consider sending you DVD's of the lectures by mail; however, without an internet connection, you will not be able to participate in the interactive tutorial webinars.
19. Will a translator be available if I do not speak English?
There will be no translators. The program will be in English and fluency in English is required to participate..
20. When will the program begin?
The program begins on 5th July, 2013 with the first workshop in London. The first lectures will be posted in advance of the workshop.
21. Will there be an opportunity to choose the statistical package?
The course will be conducted using the STATA package. Scholars will receive training and assignments only in STATA.
22. Upon being accepted to the program, should I purchase airline tickets and make travel arrangements?
No. Please do not purchase non-refundable airline ticket(s) until you have received an email from our office confirming your paid registration AND confirmation that the program will be held. It is advised that airline tickets be purchased after April 15, 2013.