- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- HMS Community Values Initiative
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Office of Global Education
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Safety Quality and Informatics Leadership
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
Campus Operations provides a full custodial cleaning program for the campus buildings. Standard daily cleaning services include trash removal, dusting, floor washing and vacuuming, as well as floor stripping/waxing and rug shampooing. Custodial Services provides all labor, equipment, and supplies (including restroom supplies and trash bags).
For specialty cleaning and custodial related emergencies, please contact the Facilities Call Center (24 hours a day 7 days a week) at 617-432-1901.
As part of the campus-wide sustainability effort, Harvard Medical School provides recycling services and bins for all offices, labs, and common areas. Custodial staff removes single-stream recycling (all recyclables go in the same bin) as part of their regular cleaning routine and periodically collect lower volume recyclables, such as electronics, CFL bulbs, batteries, and printer cartridges from designated areas across campus. Additional information on recycling, bin requests, and maps of pick up areas can be found at: http://green.harvard.edu/hms/recycling.
The Custodial Department is responsible for the pickup and removal of the biohazard waste boxes from the labs and buildings. The custodial department also supplies biohazard containers upon request. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Facilities Call Center (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at 617-432-1901.
Office/Lab Equipment and Supplies
Large non-working equipment should be called in to the Facilities Call Center (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at 617-432-1901.
Small non-working equipment can often be recycled as E-waste, please see “Recycling” above for more information.
Small equipment, supplies, and furniture from labs and offices that is still in good working order and would be useful to others can be brought to the Freecycle room on the first floor of TMEC, room #150. The Freecycle room is open to Harvard Medical School faculty, students and staff Monday through Friday from 9-5. Further guidelines for use are posted on the door to the room, and additional questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.