Commute Fit Program
CommuteFit is a fun incentive program that rewards LMA commuters who incorporate walking, running or biking into their daily commutes.
Hubway Bike Share Program
Travel across Boston, Cambridge, Somerville and Brookline on publically shared bikes. Bikes can be returned to any of the 100+ stations across the network including the 12 supported by Harvard.
Departmental Bike Share Program
Consider purchasing subsidized bikes (and helmets) for members of your department/unit to use traveling around campus.
Emergency Ride Home Program
CommuteWorks will pay to get you home in an emergency.
CommuteSwap is a risk free way to leave your car at home and swap for a new commute option. Put your parking space on hold for up to three months. You can try the T and have CommuteWorks pay for it or Workout to Work and receive extra benefits.
Personalized Commuting Assistance
CommuteWorks can provide you with a personalized commuting itinerary and identify your complete travel options for getting to the LMA.
As employees and students commuting to the LMA we compete on a daily basis for scarce road and sidewalk space to find the fastest way to work or class. Every pedestrian, driver and cyclist fulfills an important role in this community and the Karma Commuting campaign serves as a reminder that when we all follow the rules, everyone gets to their destination more safely and faster. What goes around, comes around.
The pre-tax parking reimbursement benefit is available for all all full time benefits eligible employees without a Harvard Annual Parking Permit using the same online portal used to order MBTA pass/private transit products/Commuter Checks.
Explore the options for commuting to the LMA.
Get rewards when you walk, bike, telecommute, carpool, van pool, take a subway, train, bus, ferry or even work a compressed week. It's free and easy to do!
Calculate your commuter savings.
CommuteWorks and Zipcar have teamed up to offer special discounted rates for LMA employees!
Zimride organizes carpools or on-time rides.
Borrow a Car - Cars where you live starting at $5 per hour.
MASCO Carpool Program
CommuteWorks is dedicated to helping the LMA go green by rewarding existing carpoolers and helping LMA employees create new carpools.
- All participants must be Harvard benefit eligible employees.
- Two Harvard employees carpooling together will receive 25% off the total annual parking fee.
- Three to Four Harvard employees carpooling together will receive 50% off the total annual parking fee.
- Payment for all participants must be made through payroll deduction.
- Each participant is eligible to register for the Emergency Ride Home program offered through MASCO.
- Each registered carpooler will receive one free day pass per month.
- Registering for the MASCO Ride Share program may help you find a Harvard carpool buddy.