- HMS Community Values
- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- The Academy
- About the Academy
- Academy Center for Teaching and Learning
- Past events 2015-2016
- Past Events 2014-2015
- Past Events 2013-2014
- Past Events 2012-2013
- Past Events 2011-2012
- Past Events 2010-2011
- Faculty Development Workshops
- Interest Group Symposia
- Inter-hospital Collaborative
- Medical Education Grand Rounds
- Symposium on the Science of Learning
- Medical Education Day
- The Academy Office of Education Research
- Academy Fellowships in Medical Education
- Interest Groups
- Pedagogy in the Pathways Curriculum Series
- The Charles J. Hatem Award for Faculty Development in Medical Education
- Tutor Recognition
- Faculty Resources
- Academy Insights
- Contact Us
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- Department of Medicine
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Big Data In Healthcare
- Institutional Planning and Policy
- Master of Medical Sciences In Clinical Investigation
- Office of Global Education
- Portugal Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- Safety Quality Informatics and Leadership
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
- Contact us
Winter Recess Time Reporting
Question and Answer Archive
Winter Recess: What To Know Before You Go
With Winter Recess just around the corner, there are early deadlines for time entry and approval in PeopleSoft. Below are the frequently asked questions for this time of year and links to more information.
When is Harvard’s Winter Recess?
Winter Recess begins Thursday, December 24 and goes through Friday, January 1.
Normal hours of operations will resume on Monday, January 4, 2016.
Do I need to request any absences in PeopleSoft for Winter Recess if I am exempt from reporting hours weekly?
No, you do not need to request any absences or enter anything in PeopleSoft.
I report my time weekly in PeopleSoft. What do I report for Winter Recess?
All Winter Recess time should be reported as Holiday (HOL).
- You can use the Apply Schedule button for the week 12/24 - 01/2 and just change the time type from Regular to Holiday.
- You can report your time up to two weeks in advance, which now covers the recess period.
What if my job requires me to work one or more days during the Recess?
The specifics can vary by the day or days you work. Please refer to this grid for details for a day-by-day schedule of how to report time worked during the Recess. If you have questions about a specific situation, contact Chirelle Hitt (email@example.com) or your HR Consultant.
I am a time approver and will be out of the office the day that time needs to be approved. What arrangements can I make?
There are a couple of ways to do this:
- You can approve time as soon as it is in the system. Ask your staff to report their time early and then you can approve it early as well.
- Make arrangements with another approver or adjuster for your group to approve your staff’s time.
- Contact Chirelle Hitt at (2-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if no other backup is available.
When should all absences and timesheets be entered and approved in PeopleSoft for the 12/26 paychecks?
- Report time and absences by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 17.
- Approve absences by 3:30 p.m. and approve time sheets by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 18.
- Click here for the full Winter Recess Time and Absence Deadlines calendar.
Editor: Amy Magin
Assistant Editor: Angela Alberti
Contributors: Shannon Patterson, Chelsea Keyes, Linda Miklas, Tania Rodriguez, Susan Vomacka