Winter Recess Time Reporting
Question and Answer Archive
Winter Recess: What To Know Before You Go
When is Winter Recess?
HMS Winter Recess begins on Tuesday, December 24 and goes through Wednesday, January 1. Normal hours of operations will resume on Thursday, January 2, 2014.
Given the Winter Recess, when will December paychecks be issued?
Weekly and biweekly checks will be issued according to the regular schedule. The only change is to the faculty and postdoc payrolls:
Faculty and postdocs: check date is Monday 12/23
Weekly and biweekly employees: check date is Friday 12/27
Do I need to request any absences in PeopleSoft for Winter Recess if I am exempt from reporting hours weekly?
No, you do not need to request any absences or enter anything in PeopleSoft.
I report my time weekly in PeopleSoft. What do I report for Winter Recess?
All Winter Recess time should be reported as Holiday (HOL).
Helpful hint: You can report your time in PeopleSoft up to two weeks in advance.
What if my job requires me to work one or more days during the Recess?
The specifics can vary by the day or days you work. Please refer to this grid for details on eCommons for a day-by-day schedule of how to report time worked during the Recess. If you have questions about a specific situation, contact Chirelle Hitt (email@example.com) or your HR Consultant.
When should all absences and time sheets be entered and approved in PeopleSoft for 12/27 paychecks?
- Report time and absences by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 18.
- Approve absences by 3:30 p.m. and approve time sheets by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 19.
- Click this eNews link on eCommons for the full Winter Recess Time and Absence Deadlines calendar.
I am a time approver and will be out of the office the day that time needs to be approved. What arrangements can I make?
There are a couple of ways to do this:
- Since you can approve time up to two weeks in advance, ask your staff to report their time early and then you can approve it early, as well.
- Make arrangements with another approver or adjuster for your group to approve your staff’s time.
- Contact Chirelle Hitt (2-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if no other backup is available.
Editor: Katie DuBoff
Assistant Editor: Angela Alberti
Contributors: Shannon Patterson, Chelsea Keyes, Linda Miklas, Tania Rodriguez, Susan Vomacka