- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- HMS Community Values Initiative
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Office of Global Education
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Safety Quality and Informatics Leadership
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
PeopleSoft Self Service
Question and Answer Archive
PeopleSoft Self Service...not just for Open Enrollment anymore!
When is Open Enrollment this year?
This year’s benefits open enrollment period will take place November 6 – November 20 for changes to take effect on January 1. Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity for staff, faculty and post docs who currently have elected Harvard benefits to change those benefits.
Is it all online?
Yes! Though you will receive a packet of information at your home address, open enrollment changes are made directly in PeopleSoft using the Self Service feature. In advance of open enrollment, you can review your benefits in PeopleSoft using Self Service.
What else can I do via PeopleSoft Self Service?
There is a “Quick Links - Self Service” menu on the PeopleSoft home page organized into the areas of Personal Information, Benefits and Payroll, Time and Absence, and Performance Management. Here you can review and update everything from your address to direct deposit.
How do I log onto PeopleSoft?
PeopleSoft can be accessed through HARVie. You need to have a PIN in order to log into the system. If you are a new employee and have not registered with the PIN system, go to http://www.pin.harvard.edu/.
What information should I update this time of year?
Home address: There are events coming up where the University mails information to the home address, such as Open Enrollment in November and W2 forms in January, so it is important to keep your information updated. You can even add a future-dated address change! You can also update your office address as needed.
Emergency Contacts: Though rarely used, this information is very important to have on file. You may list several contacts and can also designate a primary.
Both of these are under Personal Information. Just click on the links you want to update.
- To change your information click on the pencil on the far right, under Edit.
- The trash can allows you to delete a contact.
- To change your office addresses, use the detailed instructions on Eureka. Click on the Job Aids tab on the upper left, then select the Self Service folder and then Personal Information.
Editor: Katie DuBoff
Assistant Editor: Angela Alberti
Contributors: Shannon Patterson, Chelsea Keyes, Linda Miklas, Tania Rodriguez, Susan Vomacka