- Introduction to Clinical Research Training
- Medical Education
- United Kingdom Clinical Scholars Research Training
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Campus Planning and Facilities
- Ombuds Office
- Committee on Microbiological Safety
- Human Resources
- HMS Foundation Funds
- Office for Academic and Clinical Affairs
- Joint Committee on the Status of Women
- The Academy
- Global Health Research Core
- Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program
- HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- Office of Research Compliance
- Global & Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Event Calendar
- Contact @HMS
- Office of Diversity RIA Program
- The Dean's Perspective
- Department of Pathology
- Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute
- OHRA Home
- Office of Research Subject Protection
- Tools and Technology
- Alumni Association
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics Program
- Celiac Program
- HMS Community Values Initiative
- HMS Information Technology
- HMS TransMed Program
- Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
- Office of Communications & External Relations
- Office of Global Education
- Shenzhen-HMS Initiative in International Education
- South American Clinical Research Training
- test page
- Safety Quality and Informatics Leadership
- Human Resources
- Jobs @ HMS
- Contact us
- Dental Medicine
- Harvard University
Name a chair in the Joseph B. Martin Conference Center Amphitheater
Your gift will help HMS continue to train the next generation of leaders in science and medicine, as 100 percent supports scholarships and financial aid for HMS students.
Invest in the Future of Medicine
- Give $10,000 to Harvard Medical School, payable over two years
- Select the chair you would like to name
- Name your chair for your family or in honor or in memory of a mentor, colleague, or loved one
- Select a personal inscription for the elegant, brushed steel plaque, which will be affixed to the back of your chair
- Feel good knowing your gift will support scholarships and financial aid for HMS students
With just 400 chairs, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to make a lasting impact.
Whom will you honor?
To honor the memory of his friend and help other aspiring physicians pursue their dreams, Mark Howard, MD '85 elected to name an Amphitheater Chair in support of student scholarships and financial aid. "Naming a chair served as a living testimonial to my friend, our families and the humble upbringing we shared."
Ting David Lee Jr., MD ’57 named a chair in the Joseph B. Martin Conference Center Amphitheater to honor his parents for their "steadfast support."
Lisa Mayer named a chair because "Giving to Harvard Medical School by naming a chair allows me to do some good in the world while supporting one of our most valuable resources: our students."
In addition to naming an Amphitheater Chair in honor of his 25th Reunion, R. Pepper Murray, MD ’86, helped secure $110,000 in current-use scholarship support for HMS students by encouraging classmates to name chairs through the "HMS ’86 Ortho Challenge."
Whether you wish to name it for your family or pay tribute to a colleague or a faculty member, we’ve got a chair for that. Your personal message will be inscribed permanently on the chair of your choosing.
Situated at the heart of the HMS campus in the New Research Building, the Joseph B. Martin Conference Center embodies the spirit of scientific inquiry. It is here that research results are summarized, knowledge is shared, and new ideas and hypotheses are generated. With its contemporary design and prime location in the Longwood Medical Area, the amphitheater attracts leaders in academia and industry on a national and global scale. Watch the tour »