Emergency Preparedness at Harvard Medical School
During an emergency situation, information will be made available via several
- The HMS home page and eCommons will be updated as needed to reflect current situations.
- An email message may be sent to your HMS email address.
- If you sign up for text message alerts at messageme.harvard.edu you will be automatically notified in the event of an extreme emergency anywhere at Harvard University. A text message-capable cell phone and eCommons ID or Harvard University ID number is required to sign up. Please note that this system will only be utilized during extremely urgent situations that require instant communication.
- There is a listen-only telephone line dedicated to information about the medical school at (617) 432-6666.
- There is a university-wide listen-only telephone line at (866) 496-NEWS.
Harvard University Police Department urgent response numbers:
Medical campus: (617) 432-1212
Main campus: (617) 495-1212
- Boston Police/Fire/Ambulance emergency number: 911
- HMS and HSDM Emergency Guide (PDF)
- Map of the Longwood Medical Area
- An interactive road map of the Longwood Medical Area